"The Matrix" Game to be available soon

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

"The Matrix" Game to be available soon

Post by DADINK13 »

The article is too long to post, but according to GameSpy, there will be a game titled "Enter the Matrix" to be launched on multiplatforms (PC, PS2, xBox, GC).

http://www.gamespy.com/previews/february03/matrixmulti/
Matt

Post by Matt »

That'll be an awesome game!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

KooLTaB101 wrote:That'll be an awesome game!
I can't wait. It's gonna be incredible. I love Max Payne. I have the "Bullet Time" mutator for UT. I have that "The Matrix" mod for Max Payne.

I'm shivering with antici......

.....pation! :lol:
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

i was watching tech tv today, and they were showing a few clips of the game..... and ya know.... it doesnt look all that great :-?

weird 'staggering' motions.... attacks that dont look like they would work (not even talking matrix attacts, just in general).......

but maybe i just got to see some bad footage..... but yeah.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Well it's not supposed to be out until May, so there's plenty of time to fix what gameplay bugs there are.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

D4D1NK13 wrote:
KooLTaB101 wrote:That'll be an awesome game!
I can't wait. It's gonna be incredible. I love Max Payne. I have the "Bullet Time" mutator for UT. I have that "The Matrix" mod for Max Payne.

I'm shivering with antici......

.....pation! :lol:
Rocky Horror... sweet!

Oh, and the game seems pretty cool.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Plasma2002b wrote:i was watching tech tv today, and they were showing a few clips of the game..... and ya know.... it doesnt look all that great :-?

weird 'staggering' motions.... attacks that dont look like they would work (not even talking matrix attacts, just in general).......

but maybe i just got to see some bad footage..... but yeah.
I thought that the in-game footage that I saw had really weird looking combat, too -- and not "good weird", either. Many of the hand-to-hand attacks didn't actually connect with their victims (which was painfully obvious in matrix-y slow-motion), the positions and moves just looked incredibly awkward..

From what I've read, it sounds as though the production values will be through the roof -- I guess it was just shocking that this footage didn't reflect that.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Ryan wrote:From what I've read, it sounds as though the production values will be through the roof -- I guess it was just shocking that this footage didn't reflect that.
Probably just old footage. Just also keep in mind that's is scheduled for release in May, so there's still tons of time to optimize the game and get it running all good and everything. Let's not forget how long Max Payne took to develop, and that game looks great, runs smoothly, and was virtually bug-free.