imForwards.com

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

GuppieXX
Just Registered
Just Registered

imForwards.com

Post by GuppieXX »

www.imforwards.com will sign on u'r screen name, even put up an away message if u want and fwd any IM's (up to the character limit of u'r text messaging feature on u'r cell) to either or both at the same time. Only downsides are:

-You have to give them your AIM SN/PW and cell/e-mail information

-U'r name wont always be online (I guess they have probs w/ their servers or something, i know the SN i have registered w/ them signs on and off randomly, and to originally sign on, it took a few days before i actually saw it online)

-And you cant have a profile, it puts one in advertising their site (it is also added at the end of an away message if u choose to have one, which u can set yourself).

Hope this helps any of you.
?¿?XX?¿?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Based on the website I don't trust it. They have no means of making money (no ads, and no pay service), they copyright everthing 2003 (not 2002-03), and the site looks thrown together (maybe it took some time but there is nothing "original").

EDIT: Spelling errors are going to be the death of me
Last edited by Anthony on Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Nice catch Anthony,

I don't think I'd ever look for those kinds of details....
Dice599
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dice599 »

The new version of AIM, which is 5.2.3074, already has IM forwarding to cell phones.
Official Beta Tester
ExploreAnywhere Software, LLC

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

yeah n why not just wait for the final program for aim 5.2 with im forwarding to come out instead of giving away information about urself to some company not affiliated w/ AOL.
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

This is poo... who would actually give their AIM screen name and password to this service??

I sure as hell would NOT!
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Personally, the concept of this service is very cool. Although AIM has added IM Forwarding to cell phones in their latest version, there is still no option to forward instant messages to email, which at this point appeals to me much more than forwarding to a cell phone.

However, I don't think I could ever use this service because of privacy concerns. It's definitely not the best idea to give out your screenname and password to any website.

One other thing I didn't like about the way it's set up is that you have to sign off AIM in order for it to work. I'd prefer to leave my AIM signed on 100% of the time, even if my IMs are being forwarded to me somewhere else.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I never notic that Mark. But I went back and look at it and I also noticed that the site is not secure and does not encript the infomation. I will to bet the complany is leget but I giving out my screen name and password to a place that not trying to encipted them and those can easily be stolen by a cracker.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas