Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003

Post by Moon Child »

SUMMER SANITARIUM TOUR ANNOUNCED:

Linkin Park has just announced that they will be touring on the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 with Metallica, Limp Bizkit, and Deftones. The tour, which is slated to begin July 4th, will feature all three bands performing full headline-length sets. Most show dates will go on sale February 22nd - stay tuned to www.linkinpark.com for ticket information.
PROJEKT REVOLUTION 2003:

After Linkin Park completes their European touring, they headline the second annual PROJEKT REVOLUTION beginning in APRIL with Jurassic 5 and Mudvayne, along with other artists to be announced. Tour dates have not yet been confirmed but be sure to continue to check back on www.linkinpark.com for more info.
I'm hopefully gonna go to one of the two as this is my fave band, hopefully the Sanitarium tour. If anyone wants to know and specific dates, I'm keeping an eye out for them and will post about it when I find out.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

now if that isnt a weird combo of bands.. I dont know what is.

And also.. it was said that LARS? I think is the guys name..member of Metallica, was caught talking crap about one of the other bands..and their members. So I'd like to know how far this tour will get before they start killing each other.

-- EDIT --

You can also add MudVayne to the tour.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I'm hoping to at least Columbus or Detroit as those are the two closest venues for me.

The confirmed cities for the Sanitarium tour are: Minneapolis, St. Louis, Orlando, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Columbus, Montreal, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Detroit, Toronto, Washington, D.C./Baltimore, and Chicago.

(forgot to include that in the first post :oops: )
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Moon Child wrote:I'm hoping to at least Columbus or Detroit as those are the two closest venues for me.

The confirmed cities for the Sanitarium tour are: Minneapolis, St. Louis, Orlando, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Columbus, Montreal, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Detroit, Toronto, Washington, D.C./Baltimore, and Chicago.

(forgot to include that in the first post :oops: )
I was just going to post the cities.. hah.

Heres a clip from http://98rock.com .. they have a whole page dedicated to it.
In addition, Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003 is proud to announce Deftones and Mudvayne to the line-up. Deftones are currently putting the finishing touches on their as yet untitled 4th record once again produced by Terry Date. The record will be released this June. Mudvayne, The Peoria, Illinois, quartet are supporting their second album, The End of All Things To Come following the gold success of their debut L.D. 50..
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

So, apparently LP and Mudvayne will be together twice this year then.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Chaning the Subject title of this post....
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

Have Metallica found a bassist yet? Have Limp Bizkit found a guitarist yet? and correct me if I'm wrong but Linkin Park has put out only 1 album? (a remix album doesnt count).
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Well from something I read from Metallica.com, they got Bob Rock (whoever he is) playing bass when they played that Raiders game a while ago. Not sure if he's the permanent replacement for Jason though..
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Chinchilla! wrote:Have Metallica found a bassist yet? Have Limp Bizkit found a guitarist yet? and correct me if I'm wrong but Linkin Park has put out only 1 album? (a remix album doesnt count).
Metallica, Yes. Limp.. not sure. And the last one, you are correct.

The replacement guy for Metallica, came right out of my area. The west central Florida area, known as the Tampa Bay..local radio station ( http://www.98rock.com )teamed up with Metallica to hold a contest. People had to submit demo tapes to them..and Metallica picked who they thought was best.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Chinchilla! wrote:and correct me if I'm wrong but Linkin Park has put out only 1 album? (a remix album doesnt count).
The second album by Linkin Park is set to be released on March 25th... :cheesy: I can't wait until its out... :wink:
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I think their next CD should be great. With the remix not counting as a CD... I bet LP feels the same way about the CD. They took every single song on the orginal and just tore it apart.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I can't remember where I've read it, I'll have to search, but I think they said they did it for something fun for their fans until the new album came out. They knew not everyone was going to like it, but I thought it was cool.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

In the end... Um...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Seems like an odd selection of bands, but either Metallica or Linkin Park would be enough to sell me.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I got done talking with one of my friends earlier this evening and made plans to go see Projekt Revolution. I can't wait for it. He and his fiance went to their concert in Detroit last year. Hopefully the dates will work out.

His fiance and I were talking and both want to go see the Sanitarium tour. I may talk to her and see if she's still willing to go to it even if he doesn't. If not, guess I'm gonna have to look around to find someone to go to it with.

I'm happy now that I get to go see my fave group with some friends. :cheesy:
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic