MAC OS emulators

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

fuuucckkers

MAC OS emulators

Post by fuuucckkers »

While browsing on the AOL FTP, I stumbled upon some weird files, which then researched to find out their MAC files. I found a link to some Mac emulators to run Mac files under the Windows OS.

http://www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/B2Main.html

Just thought you all would like to know.. maybe some of you MAC OS X freaks out there could put this to use.. with your Skinned Windows Desktops
:D
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

grrr..no OS X support.. :evil:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

we only have 3 or 4 of those freaks right now (me not be one of them)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Just for the record I hate the Apple computer. They just have a good look. The thing is I have not used a Apple computer since like beta 0.00001. Our PCs at school may be constantly up to date, but the same by far does not go for Apple computers.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

PhaseDMA wrote:Our PCs at school may be constantly up to date, but the same by far does not go for Apple computers.
What do you mean by that?
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

I've been using Basilisk for years now. I used to be a Mac Junkie back when OS 7 was still going strong. Then I switched to Windows, but I still have some rather cool mac games that I couldn't part with. It works quite well to emulate anything Mac OS 7.5.3 could run, and if you have the right type of ROM file I've heard it does a great job with OS 8. However, it is not PowerPC compliant. It'll only run old progs.

http://gamma.nic.fi/~lpesonen/BasiliskII/

That link has the version I've been using ever since Win95, and I use WinXP, and it still runs fine.
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Michael wrote:
PhaseDMA wrote:Our PCs at school may be constantly up to date, but the same by far does not go for Apple computers.
We have a couple 100 (600-700) computers in the district (All Dells). We also have about 100 brand new computers (all CAME with XP, running 2000 Pro). In comparison there are about 10 Apple computers through out the entire district. I believe they all run OS 6.x. As you can see Hilton does not care much for Apple (Or any other company for that matter).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

PhaseDMA wrote:
Michael wrote:
We have a couple 100 (600-700) computers in the district (All Dells). We also have about 100 brand new computers (all CAME with XP, running 2000 Pro). In comparison there are about 10 Apple computers through out the entire district. I believe they all run OS 6.x. As you can see Hilton does not care much for Apple (Or any other company for that matter).
back when I was in high School (2 years ago) My school seemed to love apples or more so the person who was incharge of buying all the techlogy for our school though apples were the best. Also this seem person knew absolutly juck about computers she just knew what apple sells rep was telling her. We always had the most updated Apples there were. We had the G3s when they came out. I hated them and there stupid small mouse and keyboard. Also the damn things would freeze up on me. Of couse I WAS making it multi task. (playing a cd and writing my paper or playing mp3s and writing my paper). Then the school got the G4s. Still hated them. I learn more about mac from them and i will give them creited that they are great for the art work and the only reason I know that is my best friend is an artist and she uses macs for them. On a happy note the school did get some PC closer to the end when the computer science teacher was able to make this dumbass person understand way we need them. It only took her 6 years of working on it.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

PhaseDMA wrote:We have a couple 100 (600-700) computers in the district (All Dells). We also have about 100 brand new computers (all CAME with XP, running 2000 Pro). In comparison there are about 10 Apple computers through out the entire district. I believe they all run OS 6.x. As you can see Hilton does not care much for Apple (Or any other company for that matter).
Ah, so by your own admission, you are comparing PCs from around 2000 to Macs from the late 1980s, and saying that PCs are better? Of course they are! If I compared PowerMac G4s to IBMs from 1989, naturally I would conclude that the G4s kicked IBM's ass. :roll:
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

I believe at one time (I think the 80's) schools got special pricing from Apple. They made it worth the district's while to purchase their products. That is where many of the loyal people came from that make these decisions to purchase Apples. I'm not sure, but they may still have similar pricing models.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I know that Dell has special pricing for all sorts of diffrent thing (goverment/school). Maybe my school is biased too.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Apple still does give speical discounts to school. Or a better way of puting it is they do not charge the school there premira every one else has to pay. Most apples are sold with a big premim on them that apple charges because it a "better system". when Apple first came out it was a $1000 preimin on them just because of that reason. PC are staying cheap because of the compition in the market. Now Dell is big in collages and starting to get into High schools because it choose to speicals in that market. In a lot of collages if you do not have a computer the powerful enough the collage will help you get one though dell at a cheaper price. Also Dell PC are design more with students and school in mind.
Also another reason PCs are not being offertd to schools as big of a discount as Mac are is that PC market can not cut the price of there PC much and still make a profit. when school buy a mac from apple at a dicounted price Apple is still turning a profet on it.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

We are talking about Dell in three threads now.... I think Dell should sponser Big-O-Software.

OS X... Okay I want my start bar back... NOW!
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

blame the dell convos on the Dell kid
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

PhaseDMA wrote:OS X... Okay I want my start bar back... NOW!
Okay I got my start menu back. Now I just need my Apple icons, and I'll be all set!
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ