Post your Rants here!

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Why are people so gullible that they'll believe a chain IM as stupid and unrealistic as this:
HeLLo my name is jenna.....i am 7 years old with black hair and red eyes.i have no nose or ears.... i am dead. if you do not send this 15 people inthe next 5 minutes i will appear tonight by your bed with a knife and killyou.. this is no joke Something good will happen to u 2nite at 1:22. Thisis not a joke some1 will either call u or will talk to u online and say thatthey love u. do not break this chain
Philly44
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Philly44 »

I hate spam email, in the last few weeks my email spam count has hit a record high, I'm getting 10-20 per day. It's almost as bad as those damn telemarketers, but not quite.
Like to talk sports? Check out http://www.sportztawk.com/
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh it gets more lame then that...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Philly44 wrote:I hate spam email, in the last few weeks my email spam count has hit a record high, I'm getting 10-20 per day. It's almost as bad as those damn telemarketers, but not quite.
That's it ?! Hell.. I've had the same Hotmail account for roughly 4 years now.. and if it weren't for a certain little program called Mailwasher.. I'd still be getting TONS of junk email.

At one point, I was getting 50 per day. No joke..and that was just my INBOX. The SpamBox filtered other junk emails..and that filled up with about 30-40 per day as well !! :evil:

BUT I guess that's one way M$ gets you to upgrade to their Premium service.. to allow for more advanced junk mail blockage/filtering and the sort.
RansomedCaptive

Post by RansomedCaptive »

my brother wrote:email is no longer a beneficial tool for anyone, anymore. at one time people were easily connected by electronic mail instantly and without limit to destinations. but today, you cant forget about it. email's once promising and beneficial characteristics have been jaded by solicitors adversting their male apendage enlargement pills (if you dont know what im referring to, then lets just say their being dicks about it). solicitors also claim they can improve your bust, and send you emails whether you are female or male--how nice to know that all guys out there can go from flat to DD in no time. no one checks their email, including me, b/c its more of a hassel sorting out what to delete, what to read, and how to get back the mail you should have read but accidentally deleted. hence, i say we disban all email services and revert strictly to the old, put the letter in the box in pull up the red flag.

the dixie chicks are goin through a lil rough time right now--in fact, life's a big texas cow patty for them right now--all because their thoughtless lead singer projected her anti-war feelings at an overseas concert. ever since, radio stations wont play their songs, people are running over the CD's, and others are making death threats. all of these reactions make no sense to me whatsover. sure that lead singer, i believe natalie is her name, is a complete idiot and has no clue what shes talking about, but there is no need to act so hastily. we intelligent americans must realize that natalie is a blonde woman, and therefore in no way shape or form responsible for the stupidity which comes out of her mouth. so instead of buyin their cd and running over it, save your money, piss them off, and download the music for free, preventing them from receiving royalties on album sales.

those two thoughts have taken alot of me, and i have a ball game tonite so i must depart, but more to come soon. until then, enjoy life, and the many things screwed up about it

atentamente chicos

-jon smith
edit: ...more such witty rants available at http://jonathan.pickasmith.com for your reading pleasure
ksdad
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ksdad »

I hate it when students who haven't done their homework all semester and haven't passed a single test and then find out that they are failing have their parents come to me and ask what Junior can do for extra credit to raise their grade and then get upset when I say that I don't give extra credit. What has happened to recognizing that there are consequences for your actions? What has happened to personal responsibility? Mommy and Daddy aren't going to bail you out forever (unless you live in a very co-dependent family) so get used to it.

Sorry. Just had to rant and this seemed the thead to do it.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

The same thing happens to my dad all the time. If I were you, I'd just tell mommy and daddy that "Junior can fail."
ksdad
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ksdad »

The same thing happens to my dad all the time. If I were you, I'd just tell mommy and daddy that "Junior can fail."
That's what I tell them. It's just that I've had 4 of them in the last 2 days.

BTW, the parents are just as much at fault as the kids. At least when the kids fail my class, they don't come back to the school. Ahhhh, the blessings of teaching in a technical school.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I seen teacher try that. The parents go over the heads and start complaining about it. I believe if you really try and you still failing than yeah it ok for the teacher to give the stundent a little extra creited because he/she was really trying but not doing to well. But most of the people just goof off all year. I think you get what you desierver (hell I right now i working my but off to salvarge my grade in calucus but I also know it my own damn fault it sucks so I paying to price right now :( but I konw if I get an A on the final I get a B in the class. I did not let if go where it out of hand but still it not the most steller grade either
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
ksdad
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by ksdad »

I seen teacher try that. The parents go over the heads and start complaining about it.
That's another entire rant and I don't have the energy for it right now.

If I know a student is trying, I will work with them to help them learn the material. It's when they're not trying and expect "special treatment" that I get PO'ed. Oh well, 3 more weeks and I won't have to worry about it until next fall.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I seen parent hire lawery before. Now that was sad. Personly I hated that fellow studdent the guy was arrgent. He drove a 50grand car to school everyday and did not care about the rules I feel sorry for there people in collage and in the real world because there is no way mommy and daddy can bail you out
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I hate changing the oil on my car. Expluly when I need it with in the next hour. More so I hate getting my god damn oil filter off. It in a hard spot to get on and off. And to make matter worse my engine is still pretty hot so I can not get hand down there long enough with out burning it. Right now i going to let my engine cool for another 15 mins hoping that it will be cool enough for me to get the filter out. The only reason I rushing it is I need my car by 1 and this is the only chance i have to change my oil. I also have read it a good idea to change you oil when you engenie is still warm. How the hell are you sopposed to get the filter out when the engine when it hot. My filter is cramed right next to the engine and be hind it is some piping and hte power staring resavor. The only nice thing about it is I dont have to be under the car to get it out. I have to take it out from the top but is does not like to come out on me.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I hate ignorance !! :evil:
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:I hate ignorance !! :evil:
Ditto. And stupid people.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Papers suck...especially after you hand-write the whole thing it comes to eleven pages, but when it's typed it's only about six--and you need seven. :x