Buddy Limit Break

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Plasma2002b wrote:Robbie always has done quality work........ i have always been a fan. actually been missin him, lol.... does he have his site anywhere else yet? i keep waiting til he gets it up.

tocSoc.ocx was pretty cool... but its starting to get a lil outdated..... robbie needs to return with a comeback.

i know hes around here sumwhere, hes just not making himself public 8)
tocSock was crap. It was programmed poorly too. Nothing really practical could be done with it. I did, however, manage to obtain the source for it (nevermind how) and I learned how poorly it's programmed. I needs some serious work.

AIMFilter was crap. It had embedded functions to automatically browse to p0rn sites and give him referrals at other sites. It also sent Robbie your IP address and AIM screenname. I heard it rumored that it sent him your password too, but I saw no evidence of that.

Overall, his 'quality work' is crap...need I say more.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

That program does sound like crap. It sounds 2 good 2 be true. Probably full of spyware and other crap!!
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

We are talking about Robbie Saunders, right? I don't trust him.
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

Master Jedi wrote: AIMFilter was crap. It had embedded functions to automatically browse to p0rn sites and give him referrals at other sites.
that was as a resort at his expense.... it didnt just automatically send you to the sites or send him the IP all the time...... it was put in so as if YOU im'ed HIM and started harassing him, he could easily kill your copy of AIMFilter...... hosently i dont blame him for doin that. I know i would have dome sumthing like that. Its kinda stupid when people would mess with you by your own program and your helpless against it. He got pretty popular for that one program too, so its not like nobody knows him or nuthin.
It also sent Robbie your IP address and AIM screenname. I heard it rumored that it sent him your password too, but I saw no evidence of that.
and no, it didnt send the password.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I never could get the program to work.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

you most likely found out about it after AIM patched it on the server side..... thats when most people started really hearing about it.

a few functions on it still work though, but none of the ones that made it so well known.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

WOW, i think this does work!!! I just tried it out again firgured had nothing to loose, and i can add more than 200 buddies, but where it says offline there arent more than 200!
tone
punkster103
Addict
Addict

Post by punkster103 »

tone wrote:WOW, i think this does work!!! I just tried it out again firgured had nothing to loose, and i can add more than 200 buddies, but where it says offline there arent more than 200!
Do the buddies stay on your list after you sign on and off? I'd check that first just to make sure it really works.
Prouderesterest Moderator of the Schwippy.com forums.
Look! I can make an egg stand up on the first day of spring and winter! Can you? :D
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

The 200 limit is server side. If you have 200 on your list and you add another one the first buddy gets deleted.

Through programming messageserver (see sig) I've seen the way buddy lists work inside and out. You can't have more than 200 for any given user logged online.
:D
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

jester22c wrote:The 200 limit is server side. If you have 200 on your list and you add another one the first buddy gets deleted.

Through programming messageserver (see sig) I've seen the way buddy lists work inside and out. You can't have more than 200 for any given user logged online.
Then why does AIM 5.2.3074 support 220 buddies?...try for yourself and see...
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Master Jedi wrote:
jester22c wrote:The 200 limit is server side. If you have 200 on your list and you add another one the first buddy gets deleted.

Maybe they upped the count only if your running the newest version of AIM
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I know another program (Either Trillain or GAIM) allows you to add unlimited buddies. The problem is after 200 it randomly does not show when they get online.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Master Jedi wrote:

Reguardless of what the limit is... it is a serverside limit. So if the limit is 220 now... then that's the new limit. It can't be broken.
:D
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

Ok people , I need someone who can test this for me. Since I only have 56 people on my buddy list lol I cant really see if this works or no.

You must know and have the following...

1. You must know how to use Registry
2. You must have about 195 Buddies heh

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1) Open your Registry and go here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ America Online \ AOL Instant Messenger (TM) \ CurrentVersion \ Buddy

2) On the right side you should see this Value MaxBuddies

3) Right Mouse Click it
Select Modify
Ok a small window will pop up
Change the BASE Settings in it , to Decimal
On the left side in the Value Data box , value should change to 220
And thats your Buddy List limit , change it to whatever you want
Press OK and close the Registry. Then Open your AIM and try to add
More buddies to you list.

Alright let me know if this worked
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i remember i did that w/ 5.1 and it didnt work. after i changed the number from 200 to 205, i still couldnt add buddys. i tried when aim was running and when aim wasnt running.