DeadAIM 3.2 released

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

J3utton wrote:First off.. never once have I bad-mouthed Aim+ nor the replacement history viewer supplied by Jedi...

Second.. How do you get off saying the people at JDennis "copied" his viewer.... for one thing, if im correct here, he coded in VB6.. correct? Deadaim is coded in C++...

the ONLY feature common between the two viewers is a search feature (of which jdennis is much faster)....

I can understand how you see the layout being similiar... but with such a simple and BASIC design, one would be hard pressed to create another layout that is as efficient and simple without creating a similar layout... in my mind, weather your history veiwer was created or not, the one on Deadaim would look much the same as it is now..

Also... when you look at how the logs are loaded and viewed in the tree, Jedis viewer puts the logs in the order that they were created on the computer (IT IS NOT SORTED BY DATE) IE: if you have logs 2 months old on another computer and move them to a new computer, whree you already have logs stored, the logs 2 months old will appear before the logs that were made yesterday when you were chatting with people..... Deadaim views logs in order of date no matter when the were created on the computer..... That is a very obvious difference in how the programs run and therefor shows its not a copy

oh and.... yeah... stats... when did hte deadaim viewer get stats??? I was quite unaware that it has stats.. oh wait... that because IT DOSEN't... so i dont know what your smoking...

and lastly.... if deadaim viewer should acquire additional features (like password protection) I can assure you it is only because people on the deadaim forums have constantly requested it and not because Jim is "copying" features from another program....

*** Keep in mind... I never once attacked Aim+ or the replacement history veiwer.. I did however attack the idea that Deadaim copied it... also it would be nice if YOU did not attack other programs like Deadaim jsut because you dislike it... spreading rumors about something you dont know about nor in anway can prove is not a noble thing to do.
Lets start on paragraph 2...no one said definitively that he copied my work. The suggestion implies that he MAY have looked at my program for ideas. Nothing more. Regardless of the language in which the program was written (with the exception of VB3), there's no way he could get my source unless I gave it to him and we all know I didn't. So no one would even bother to conjecture that he took my code.

Paragraph 3: absolutely wrong. My viewer has every feature that his does with the exception of the aforementioned 1. Note: ALL of the features I have were implemented before his. Also, I don't consider his search function "much" faster than mine. On my history of over 500 logs, his search completed only a few seconds faster than mine (Pentium4 2.4 GHz processor with 7200 rpm ATA/133 hard drive). MY search option is still more functional (has more options) than his.

Paragraph 4: I agree. DeadAIM's viewer would look relatively the same regardless of the existance of mine.

Paragraph 5: My viewer behaves in the same way as the DeadAIM viewer in this respect unless the file in question doesn't contain the date in its filename (in which case the created date from the file system is used).

Paragraph 6: PhaseDMA never said DeadAIM's viewer had stats. He was just saying that IF DeadAIM's viewer were to add a stats feature, it would convince him that JDennis was implementing features based on their existance in my viewer.

Paragraph 7: No one can know for sure where he's getting his ideas except him. And if he does implement password protection, it'll likely be far better than that which I use because having the source for DeadAIM gives him more flexibility with what he does in his viewer.

Finally, you obviously know nothing regarding the subject about which you spent so much time blithering. No one here really cares what you just said. This thread will be deleted soon enough anyway.