AIM Admin

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Actually, it would have been a lot easier to use a programming language to create a fake program that does nothing but looks exactly like AIM with the added menus.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Master Jedi wrote:Actually, it would have been a lot easier to use a programming language to create a fake program that does nothing but looks exactly like AIM with the added menus.
Yea, but if you think about it realistically, more people can use Photoshop than program.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

What I said wouldn't require any programming skills. You'd just need a screenshot of AIM to use as a bcakground image on a blank form and then you'd add the menus. No coding required.
Nathaneal
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Nathaneal »

so does anyone actually know how the real thing works then?

from some connections i hearrd that there are 3 ways

1) a webpage
2) java panel
3) aim client (special acct)

i got some ss but i dunno if theyre fake or not

theyre attached
Attachments
aimadminscreenshots.zip
(435.78 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I seen seval screen shots of them before. If they are not real they are close enough to the real one to show you what they can do. Trust me they can change you password the email address it goes 2 ect...
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

ok.... heres the story on the 'special admin' options and whatnot.

1. ONLY an AOL special user can use any of this, so dont bother thinking your gonna get a program that does it for ya.

2. The screenshow posted in this thread (the image, not the zip) is in fact real. But one: you need the special version of AIM that has this enabled. and two: you need to sign onto the AIM service with an provledged SN or the menu wont show up and you wont have the asterix next to the word 'My AIM'. and also, three: you need to sign onto the aim service on a NON STANDARD connection port. its NOT just the regular login.oscar.aol.com on port 5190 like regular.

3. The options displayed in the screenshot are not executed as easy as the picture makes it seem. There are only a couple of those options that are 'click and play'. Such include the bump option, and the warning level option. But all the others, you cant simply just click and have it happen. What happens is when you do these ones, you need to enter your SN, Pass, and the all-important secure ID that you got directly from AOL when you joined the company. This secure ID is one of the most gaurded things when it comes to people protecting theyre passwords. A secure ID from AOL in the wrong hands could do a lot of damage im guessing. But then again, each secure ID is givin specific rights on what that person can and cant do. When it comes to AIM, i think that pretty much any employee of AOL can have AIM options like these..... just as like a plus for working with AOL. And higher level employees are givin ID's that can be used for things like NetOP and stuff..... anf the highest of the high use it for the AOL protocal and databases themselves. (and i bet ya that they need more stuff than just a secure ID too :wink: )

4. umm..... crap.... i forgot was i was talking about..... ill come back and edit this if i remember

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

rofl this hoax is about a year old, it never worked, just edited screen shots
-buster
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

if thats what you wanna believe, than ok.

buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

you can ask anyone that knows about it, try www.aol-forum.com
-buster
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I would trust them only as far as I can throw them... And since they are the kinda people that would like to exploit that... I doubt anyone would admit to someone doing it before them.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

its a hoax!
-buster
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

that screenshot isnt a hoax, but rather what your hearing is about how sum1 tried to show everyone how to get into it, and since the way he showed didnt work, everyone believed it was a hoax.

AIM/AOL makes it a little harder to get into it all than just a quick log-in port change. You still need an SN that has admin granted rights.

............trust me. im pretty sure i have the creditbility to talk about this stuff, as a lot of people on these forums can say so.

buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

yea, im talkin about the method. IF the wethod was real, you would see all those options when you edit aim in reshack
-buster
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

No, i am sure its whole different aim.exe file. They have there own version/client.

i think...
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

:roll:

*sigh.......*

they are a little smarter than to just put all those options right in the AimRes.dll.... they are in either in another file or just hardcoded into the exe itself.

Heres what you CAN get outts the AimRes.dll to prove my theory though......

AimRes.dll wrote:Please contact OPSSEC at 1-703-265-4040 for assistance.
Attachments
secure.gif
secure.gif (3.46 KiB) Viewed 4828 times