Tabbed Buddy List for Clones

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Kash

Tabbed Buddy List for Clones

Post by Kash »

Programmign a way to have only one instance of multiple clones would be really handy for people who like chat on multiple names at once. (or in my case have over 300 buddies and need more than 1 name to talk) I know it wouldn't be THAT difficult, all you would have to do is possibly add more tabs like "Online" "Online 2" "List Options" etc...

You could also make a panic button for those children out there not allowed to talk on AIM :-X. Poor 12 year olds...
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

That's a really interesting idea!

I'm not sure how practical it is, with all of the preferences settings at the top and the message/chat buttons at the bottom being set up to only work for one screenname. We'd need to find a way to get all of the AIM features like that to correspond with the active "Online" tab for a feature like this to really be worth including.
-Mark
Big-O Software
plenTpak

Post by plenTpak »

one way you can do it is have an edit box or drop-down list labeled "clone #" or "change settings for clone #:". that way everything can be the same, but if you want to change the settings for the original list, just select 0 (or original, or something) in the list and make your changes. if you want to change the settings for the first clone, select 1, etc. or you could make it a menu with a checkmark next to the clone number.
theadvocatesb
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by theadvocatesb »

Conformity, the newest form of non-conformity
hmph

Post by hmph »

that AIM frame is nothing like i meant, it has nothing to do w/ the buddy list... :(
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

I like this idea if it could be implemented. Obviously, it is just another alternative to having 2 icons (maybe instead of different colored icons, etc.) in the systray.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

This is possible b/c ive seen a program that can do this.. It makes a window for all ur services AIM ICQ MSN etc... but if you could make one just to work w/ AIM clones then that would be a great addition
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PCSoCcER03 wrote:This is possible b/c ive seen a program that can do this.. It makes a window for all ur services AIM ICQ MSN etc... but if you could make one just to work w/ AIM clones then that would be a great addition
Your talking about Trillian arent you?
tone
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by tone »

he probably is that was a great program it stinks how they all the sudden started to make you pay though.....i would love tabbed windows because when i clone i never know what sn i am on
tone
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

no not trillian its not a program like that......u use your regular aim or icq etc.. thing but u open this program n it puts it into one window so u just click over to your other sn or what not
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
waymon

Post by waymon »

Are you sure it is not trillion because you can download skins that make it look like AIM and ICQ, because with the discription that you are giving us, that is what it sounds like.

And another way to have Tabbed Clones is through the little earth and cd and money drop down menu above your buddy list (only on 5.x) And have another instance of AIM in there, that would be neat and organized in my opinion. :D
"what is waymon?"