Yes to YES!

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Yes to YES!

Post by DADINK13 »

For all you Cablevision users and Yankee fans, be glad to know that Cablevision has finally agreed to carry the YES! Network after a year without service.

Let the celebration begin. :cheesy:
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

ok.... what is CableVision? I have Time Warner..as does everyone else in my neighborhood... and what is the YES tv network ?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

lol..Cablevision is my local cable provider. They provide cable TV access and broadband Internet to Long Island, NYC, and parts of New Jersey I believe.

The YES! Network was a new network that was formed a year ago that carried anything to do with the Yankees--and WFAN's own Mike and the Mad Dog. It aired the games, bios on historic players, highlights of games.....anything pertaining to the Yankees.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Geez... That could get boring pretty quick (other then the games them self).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Now that Cablevision has made Fox Sports New York and MSG Network both premium services for its customers, they'd better make YES a premium channel as well. It would completely ridiculous to make Mets fans automatically pay extra for a basic level YES and then have to pay extra for the premium level channels that carry the Mets games.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

It is. I just heard on News 12 that YES! alone will cost $1.95 extra a month. It will be bundled with MSG and something else for $4.95/month. For iO Silver and Gold subscribers, it's free.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Haha, Steinbrenner backed out on the deal today! No YES on Cablevision for yet another season of Yankees baseball. Mike and the Mad Dog (daily afternoon sports radio show televised on YES) were interviewing Jim Dolan, the owner of Cablevision, and during the interview, YES cut off their TV feed. Pretty pathetic ...
-Mark
Big-O Software
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Wow... I don't even watch tv :roll: We have sattelite.. but I never touch the thing. I have much better things to do with my time.
:D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Big-O Mark wrote:Haha, Steinbrenner backed out on the deal today!
...douchebag
Big-O Mark wrote:Mike and the Mad Dog (daily afternoon sports radio show televised on YES) were interviewing Jim Dolan, the owner of Cablevision, and during the interview, YES cut off their TV feed. Pretty pathetic ...
lol.....what was Dolan saying?

God, the stories I could tell you people about the Dolans...the yacht club I work at is right across the harbor from the Dolan Estate, but if anybody wants to hear, I'll tell.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Both sides caved in and reached a deal a few hours before Opening Day yesterday. If you currently subscribe to some sort of premium package with Cabelvision, you get YES for free as part of that package. If you just have plain old cable, YES costs 2 dollars extra, or you can get a package of YES, MSG, and Fox Sports NY for 5 bucks (oooh, 1 dollar savings!).

I guess enough people get premium packages to make Steinbrenner happy (more tvs with YES means more ad money for his channel), and not charging everyone who extra even if they don't want YES makes Cabelvision happy.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

Hopefully it'll last this time...