Windows AIM vs. Mac AIM

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

"America Online" and "logic" don't belong in the same sentence.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

There really could be a reason that AOL has for not putting something in the Windows version but to put it in the Mac version. The reason harra suggested is quite a good one.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

If you think about my idea, it kind of holds some validity.

A company that is regulated to monitor all communication between the employees and clients (an example is a stock broker) wouldn't want an ADD-ON because add-ons can be uninstalled. Just look how easy it would be to removed AIM+ and then you'd lose all the logging of chats. If the chat features are built in, then the only way you get rid of the logging is to remove the entire client.

From what I've read, the Corporate version is going to be highly configurable and most likely will give the company the ability to configure the clients to log on a remote server. So basically, you are being logged, but can't view the logs. I have a feeling if your company installs the corporate version of AIM, you better be careful what you talk about at work or you might have a supervisor knocking on your door for a "little chat"