.Hack//SIGN

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

.Hack//SIGN

Post by fuuucckkers »

I think you all should know about a new Anime that my friend told me about.. It's called .Hack and the series is SIGN. There's another called DUSK. Cartoon Network is airing .Hack//Sign now.. but it's dubbed and edited English of course..

I suggest you download the series off the internet.. they're spoken in Japanese, but it's Engligh SubTitled. (non-edited)

Here's a baisic rundown of what the show (Tv Series) is about.
Buy the DVD Series at http://animenation.com
Directed by Kouichi Mashimo, .Hack//SIGN boasts character designs by famed illustrator Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (Neon Genesis Evangelion) and an engaging storyline scripted by Kazunori Ito (Ghost in the Shell).

In the year 2005, a computer virus called "Pluto Kiss" destroys the networks of computers all around the world, subjecting the cyberspace to severe restrictions. Two years later, as free access to the networks recovers, people are now crazed over a full-immersion virtual gaming environment called "The World."

However, when reality and virtual reality collide, a whole new adventure unfolds as a mysterious accident leaves Wave Master Tsukasa permanently logged in. Now a group of ciphers must figure out the truth behind Tsukasa while a rash of mysterious game-related incidents in the real world begins to draw the attention of even the most powerful players within the game
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I like dl-ing the original versions of anime. Its nice to have the DVDs though because you can watch the unedited with the english translations or with spoken japanese and english subtitles (my preference).

I'd rather view how the anime was originally set to run. I think we go a little too overboard in editing the series when we put it on tv. In one ep of DBZ, one of the androids (Dr. Gero I think) punches his hand and arm completely through Yamcha. It is edited so it only looks like he pucnhed him, not with the hand sticking out Yamcha's back like the original showed.

I'm curious to see .Hack//Sign though. It seems like it should be rather interesting. Especially since two of the people working on it worked on good animes, NGE and Ghost in the Shell.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Moon Child wrote:I like dl-ing the original versions of anime. Its nice to have the DVDs though because you can watch the unedited with the english translations or with spoken japanese and english subtitles (my preference).

I'd rather view how the anime was originally set to run. I think we go a little too overboard in editing the series when we put it on tv. In one ep of DBZ, one of the androids (Dr. Gero I think) punches his hand and arm completely through Yamcha. It is edited so it only looks like he pucnhed him, not with the hand sticking out Yamcha's back like the original showed.

I'm curious to see .Hack//Sign though. It seems like it should be rather interesting. Especially since two of the people working on it worked on good animes, NGE and Ghost in the Shell.
I suggest you download them. I've already got the first episode called 'Login'. It's kick ass, and I'm working on the others now.. eps 2-26 i think..

The other series is called .Hack DUSK, and is being aired in Japan right now I believe.. plus theirs already 2 full length movies out for this Anime as well. Probably similar to the DBZ movies... (basically setting up the storyline for the tv series).
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

Moon Child wrote:In one ep of DBZ, one of the androids (Dr. Gero I think) punches his hand and arm completely through Yamcha. It is edited so it only looks like he pucnhed him, not with the hand sticking out Yamcha's back like the original showed.
i remember that. that pissed me off. also they always called mr. satan "hercule" and in the jap and unedited eng eps, they called him Mr satan. i use 2 watch dbz on cn, but it started 2 get me mad cuz of all the alterations, so i finished the series by d/l jap eps a year ago. ill prolly collect all the jap dbz eps when i clear sum space off of my 120 GB hdd.
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I still watch it on tv because I definately don't have the room on my comp. I have downloaded all 96 eps of Rourouni Kenshin, but still have to burn eps 26 on to cd. Once I do that (reminds self to buy a new burner) I will start downloading again, allthough it takes forever to do so on campus now...
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

blAkdraGon
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by blAkdraGon »

my comp stinkZ...lol....if i were to d/l the episodes.....it would take me a year..i am stuck with watching the dubbed versions, and i prefer the subtitled versions...
=*-dRagON-*=