the internet is anonymous...

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't think that is the place since they are using phpBB, and the website you thought it was uses VBulliten.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

wow that dude is ruined for life!
I guess its good that his parents got him a shrink, cause something like that would make him want to "off" himself (as they say in the UK) or as we would say "put a bullet in ones head".

I wonder what motivated someone to contact this bloke's family? Perhaps an enemy of his? or just someone who gets their kicks player hating on others? Either way, I bet that person is pissing themselves laughing!

This guy is a bit of a dumbass to post on a site like that, so I really don't feel all that sorry for him. Now if his sister caught him in her room getting his sniff on, that would be a kodak moment!
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Lol I don't feel sorry for him. What a wacko. I think it's hilarious that someone called his parents up and explained the whole thing to them lol. I'm not quite that mean, but that's pretty funny stuff :lol: He's stupid for posting that in the first place.
:D
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Axilla wrote:then, considering its his SISTER, he needs psychiatric help, or more like texas-style-metal-chair help.

is this the kind of guy you want driving the bus on which your children ride to school, or mopping the floors upon which you walk to order your McNuggets? i sure as hell dont.
I admit that it is strange, but I don't think he needs help. It seems to me that he is a kid (maybe an underclassmen in high school?) and kids are curious about this sort of thing. Yes, if I were his sister or parents I would think he was a bit strange, and yes, if I were him I'd be very embarassed, but I think his parents and sister are kind of overreacting.

What I want to know is why the family believed some strange caller in the first place... If someone called and told me something like that, I would probably think it was some kind of sick joke.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

he prolly gave them a link to that forum and told that the dude has axs 2 those forums. and maby thats him in his avatar
spikit
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by spikit »

PhaseDMA wrote:I don't think that is the place since they are using phpBB, and the website you thought it was uses VBulliten.

oh, it IS somethingawful.com

they use vBulliten and that screenshot is vBulliten...... heres a sample that someone converted the forums into an HTML page.....

http://unholyrouter.com/Map%20FTP.html
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

ok... Carl told me about this and I just didn't post.

I thought that it was really disturbing. I, in all honesty, wouldn't want ANYONE sniffing my underwear. I think he definately does need psychiatric help. That was just totally wrong. I mean... ugh... I can't even stand to think about it anymore.

Even though it caused problems with his family, I do think his sister had a right to know. It was her privacy that he was invading. I know I sure as 4377 wouldn't want any of my brothers doing that to me.

Who knows... It could have just started out as something as innocent as he portrayed it, but it could have become worse if something wasn't done to stop it.

Yes, searching for info to contact the family was wrong, but he asked for it himself by posting it out in the open like that. Who's to say the person that contacted his family was someone strange? It could have been a friend of his that happened to see the topic online and went to them.

Just one female's opinion on it.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

spikit
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by spikit »

i say we all get together and buy an account on the boards (its only $10)..... then we would all get the name and pass.....

anyone wanna put up a couple dollars? (by any credit card through paypal)
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Moon Child wrote:I thought that it was really disturbing. I, in all honesty, wouldn't want ANYONE sniffing my underwear. I think he definately does need psychiatric help. That was just totally wrong. I mean... ugh... I can't even stand to think about it anymore.
Again, I disagree. Wrong, yes. Disgusting, certainly. But so harming that he needs psychiatric help? No! He's just a curious kid, for God's sake.
Moon Child wrote:Even though it caused problems with his family, I do think his sister had a right to know. It was her privacy that he was invading. I know I sure as 4377 wouldn't want any of my brothers doing that to me.... Who knows... It could have just started out as something as innocent as he portrayed it, but it could have become worse if something wasn't done to stop it.
Oh, very true, and I hate people invading my privacy more than anything. But I don't think this was turning into anything else, or he at least didn't indicate that in his post--and golly, did he sure reveal a lot! Again, I admit that yes, it was a strange thing to do, and obviously he shouldn't've done it, and had it been my underwear he was sniffing, I would've been offended and grossed-out too. But in need of psychiatric help? Come on.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

spikit wrote:i say we all get together and buy an account on the boards (its only $10)..... then we would all get the name and pass.....

anyone wanna put up a couple dollars? (by any credit card through paypal)
Ya that would NOT work.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm beginning to think that this was an addiction. I mean...he said that every time his sister is out he went in and sniffed it. If it WAS an addiction...then yes he needs psychiatric help to stop his addiction.

Additionally, I dont think that he would have any "enemies" on that board considering you have to pay...its not open to the public. But ya never know.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Anyone who has an addiction to smell/touch/taste/insert-in-anus any sort of undergarments of a relative needs professional help.

Anyone who has an addiction to smell/touch/taste/rub-on-face any sort of undergarments of someone who doesn't know that their undergarments are being used to turn someone else on needs profesisonal help.

Anyone who has such an addiction, doesn't know whether its right or wrong (for god's sake...), and posts on an internet forum to find out, needs immediate and extensive professional help.

If you replace "addiction" with "infrequent desire" my thoughts still stand.
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I wasn't aware you were a mental health expert, Axilla.
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I can accept curiousity... I'd even turn the other way if it was a strange one time thing... but as Axilla said, from the post it sounded like a frequent ritualistic event. That's beyond freaking weird into the disturbing. I'm not sure that a shrink would be the right answer in all circumstances, BUT he did seem like he wanted to talk about it with someone (hence the post in the first place) so I think that a psychiatrist would probably be good for this guy. Although speaking to someone face to face about sniffing your sisters undergarments is probably not much fun... and posting about it makes it easier because no one can actually see you... Haha I still can't believe I read that. That's some hilarious stuff, right down to the avatar. Guys a psycho. Thanks again for posting this, it's been a stressful week I really needed this.
:D
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I sent my friend the link to that first post. She was very Deserbid by it.
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas