Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Linkin Park - Meteora

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This one drops today, right?

I haven't heard it yet, but I'm sure I will soon..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I've had this album since last week. (unofficially). Download it or buy it.
It's a very good album.. all new songs (about time).. and they sort of have a new sound to them.. but it's still awesome! :P
spikit
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by spikit »

all i know is that meag's been raving about it forever
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

I guess I have... but its to be expected since they are my favorite band, and part of my duty as a member of the Street Team. :cheesy:

Anyways.. here's what I posted about it at Anthony's site, so I apologize if some have seen it already...
Moon Child wrote:The release is 03.25.03. TODAY!!!

You are correct in your thinking about stores being open at Midnight.

Meteora has been in the works since the summer of '01. One track actually, "Breaking The Habit", according to the booklet:
Mike had been trying to write a song around this lyrical idea for over five years. He tried this theme a number of times, but nothing seemed to do the song justice. Meanwhile, during the process of putting together this album, Mike began working on an interlude, crossing a digitally manipulated beat with strings and piano. Unexpectedly, Brad and Joe suggested that Mike turn the two-minute interlude into a full song. Tentatively titled "Drawing," the piece was extended to three minutes and 16 seconds when Mike took it home to write lyrics. In less than two hours, the lyrics he had been trying to put together for years fell into place. With some finishing touches, live piano and live strings, the song was finally complete - six years in the making.
All of the tracks are awesome. There was even a world premiere of the new album with the guys from the band, on most rock stations. I only got to hear part of it, but it was great. I even had to laugh out loud at one point when they said Chester was from Phoenix. He is from Pheonix, AZ, but everyone laughed because it sounded like they said "Chester was begot of Phoenix, Phoenix begot Chester." If you didn't know, Phoenix is one of the guitarists for the band.

Thankfully, I did not have to go to a record store to get mine. My pre-order came today (the 24th) so I was thrillled.

Oh, and if you went and saw the LPTV that I posted about over at Big-O, some of the stuff on there are from the DVD that is part of a special package. Also, there are a few tracks from the album and the SIB video is there as well.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

blAkdraGon
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by blAkdraGon »

i lub da album..lolz...linkin park ruLez