suspended aim account

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

buster wrote:
x Wasted Mind x wrote:I was an AOL user for about 5 years. :o
Started back on AOL version 3. But luckily I jumped off the bandwagon at version 6..... :-?

Too long if you ask me. I was trying to have my dad get Road Runner for years. He finally decided to do it, when he got sick of all the pr0n mail that AOL does nothing about... :D
6 waz when it started kickin you off every 20 mins and took up about 20% of your system resources :|
you made 20 mins on 6.0 That pretty good. I was stuck with AOL from 6.0 - 8.0 because he had it for a year for free. We had AT&T before that. I hate AOL with a pastion since day we had it. I never used AOL instamessager because AIM was much more user friendly and easier to use
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

buster wrote:6 waz when it started kickin you off every 20 mins and took up about 20% of your system resources :|
Actually... I believe that getting kicked off so much was due to the fact that AOL has so many members, and not enough IP addresses. The only way to solve the problem with the IP leasing is to determine who's been on the longest ..and kick them off. That way others can sign online ....although it's a never ending cycle until AOL buys another block of IP addresses.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i didnt get kicked off as much as other people, usually i left it on all night d/l and aol didnt kick me off
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Robpol86 wrote:i didnt get kicked off as much as other people, usually i left it on all night d/l and aol didnt kick me off
aol would kick you off if you left you computer for more than like 5 min or did not have the net download anything for 5 min when some time you hwere just on waiting for osme to come on
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Timelessblur wrote:aol would kick you off if you left you computer for more than like 5 min or did not have the net download anything for 5 min when some time you hwere just on waiting for osme to come on
And people were paying how much per month for this service?

I'm sorry, but one of my favorite things to do with the internet is just leave it on. You shouldn't get kicked offline for inactivity and there should be unlimited online time.
-Mark
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Big-O Mark wrote:
Timelessblur wrote:aol would kick you off if you left you computer for more than like 5 min or did not have the net download anything for 5 min when some time you hwere just on waiting for osme to come on

I'm sorry, but one of my favorite things to do with the internet is just leave it on. You shouldn't get kicked offline for inactivity and there should be unlimited online time.
The price to my knowledge is still $24.95 a month.

AOL claims you don't get kicked off for inactivity... but then if that's the truth, why are there AOL idlers out there.. that ping the servers to keep you online.

AOL just blames the disconnections on internet congestion.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Big-O Mark wrote:

25 bucks a month for really crap dail up
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

thats half of cable or dsl. AIM is free and has better features then aol in my opinion. most of aol's features are useless
-buster
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

buster wrote:thats half of cable or dsl. AIM is free and has better features then aol in my opinion. most of aol's features are useless
Not useless. because you can USE them. Most people don't use them.. but you can if you wanted to.

I guess the correct word of choice would be.. 'most of AOLs features are pointless.' :wink:
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
buster wrote:thats half of cable or dsl. AIM is free and has better features then aol in my opinion. most of aol's features are useless
Not useless. because you can USE them. Most people don't use them.. but you can if you wanted to.

I guess the correct word of choice would be.. 'most of AOLs features are pointless.' :wink:
The only feature that I could do AOL instance messager that I can not do on AIM is I can it in "stealth mode" where could see who was online but no one could tell i was on. But I can do that just as easily with AIM by running under a diffent screen name that no has (and they never will get). AOL claims to have parental feature just they are easy to get around if you dont use AOL brower (I never used it and I hate it) beside it took me about 4 sec to change my account over to a master account with no resestoin on it. What great is there are many other dail up servic that are cheaper and better than AOL. I feel really sorry for those people who have an extra phone line for there INternet and they are using AOL. They could get broad band for the same cost.
Aim User
Just Registered
Just Registered

30 3 chr suspended

Post by Aim User »

Hey American
I m french
I have 30 3chr and good screename suspended...If someone can help me to unsespended this screename i give 3 chr' s screename or other..
thanks
bye
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

dont you know that its bad karma to resurect topics that are over a year old?

uhg..... your next life is gonna suck, buddy

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
buster
Addict
Addict

Post by buster »

it was over a year old rofl
-buster
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

:o buster?!?

holy potatos, batman, hes back!?

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Plasma2002b wrote::o buster?!?

holy potatos, batman, hes back!?

Holy Blue Balls .. Batman!!
(mine sounds better)