Harry

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Harry

Post by DADINK13 »

Who here besides me is a fan of Harry Chapin--the short-lived singer/songwriter with a heart bigger than Star Jones.

Harry has had a big influence on many people simply because his songs came straight from the heart. He sang about past events, silly stories, things that people think about but never ask questions, and many other strange ponderings.

Unfortunatly Harry was taken from us in 1981 when his car stalled while on his way to a charity concert, and a tractor trailer smashed into him, instantly infulfing the car in flames. Hospital reports say he died of a massive heart attack and went into cardiac arrest, but nobody is certain if this happened before or after the accident. He was thirty-eight years old.

Harry was survived by his wife Sandy, his two brothers, Tom and Steve, and his five children. Sandy still operates Long Island Cares, a non-profit organization that Harry started to help stop world hunger. Even today, 22 years after his death, he is stil sorely missed by much of the music community--and Long Islanders alike. The Chapin family still live in Huntington Bay, and continue with the legacy that Harry paved the way for.

Okay, I think I wrote enough about Harry. Anybody else know of him, or has even been touched by his music?