jpegs

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

guest1

jpegs

Post by guest1 »

I don't understand--is there some reason jpegs (and avi's, mpegs, other files excluded by default) should not be verified w/sfv'?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

With out knowing I would guess that you can pretty much easily tell if those have been changed your self, and this way it saves time doing the entire job since it does not have to do those files.

Since you can make it do it anyways it does not seem like much of a issue (options are good :)).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

The 'Excluded List' only applies when creating new .SFV / .MD5 files, it should not affect the verification of existing files.

If you want any or all of these file types included in your .SFV / .MD5, simply delete anything you don't want excluded from the list :D.
-Mark
Big-O Software
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

As Mark said, JPGs are simply not included when creating SFVs or MD5s by default. If you want to verify these files, there isn't any reason not to -- they are often exluded when creating an SFV for an mp3 album or a set of RAR files, but they don't have to be.

The list of excluded file types (done by extension), can be change in your "Creating" preferences (File | Preferences ... "Creating" tab).

I hope this helps.
-Ryan
Big-O Software