Newbie Help

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Vukodlak75

Newbie Help

Post by Vukodlak75 »

OK, I downloaded and installed WinRAR, SmartPAR and hksfv32.
Now I need a little help. I want to download a video from usenet and it has a bunch of rar, par extentions and a sfv. Can someone tell me how to go about getting this video?
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

This is only partially related to hkSFV32, but hey - it gets asked a lot, so here goes:

1 - after installing hkSFV32, double-click the .SFV file. when hkSFV32 is done checking your files, it will tell you if it is 100% complete or not. That's the SFV file's job.

2a (if your files are correct according to the SFV)
- you can simply double click the .RAR file (after installing WinRAR), and use WinRAR to extract the contents of the RAR files (a rar is just like a zip file, except that it often is broken up into many smaller files).

2b (if your files are not 100% complete, according to the SFV)
- use SmartPAR on the .PAR file (double click the .PAR, or open it with SmartPAR. use SmartPAR to attempt to rebuild any missing/incomplete parts. this is not always possible. after SmartPAR has done whatever it can do, go back to step 1. if you end up here again, after using the PAR files, and the SFV shows your fileset still isn't complete, you'll have to try to re-download the files that are bad, or finish missing files, etc (the SFV will tell you which files you need [all the ones which are not 'good')

Hope this helps everyone..
-Ryan
Big-O Software
Vukodlak75
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Vukodlak75 »

Great, Thanks
Vukodlak75
"Life is best learned in reverse".