Bad moon rising: that's how it should be

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Bad moon rising: that's how it should be

Post by Michael »

I went down to the ole' mall today and stopped in at the bookstore, where I got a handy book with a $25 gift card I had. I went across the mall to the music store where I picked up a couple of wonderfully-delicious records that I thought I might take a few moments to recommend.

The first one is an oldie, but a goodie: Creedence Clearwater Revival's Green River. Talk about a classic! CCR is one of my favorite bands and I'm almost ashamed that I haven't picked up Green River until now. This is one album where I can truly listen to all the songs on it without skipping any of them (Nirvana's "Nevermind" and "Unplugged in New York" are about the only other albums I can say that about -- and just for a piece of trivia, Nirvana actually started out as a Creedence Clearwater Revival cover band!). There's a lot of damn good songs on this album, including (but certainly not limited to) the title track, "Green River," "Bad Moon Rising," "Lodi," and "Sinister Purpose." I especially like CCR because their music is different from today's, different from all the punk/emo and heavy rock you hear on the radio all the time. The lead electrics combined with the rhythm acoustics are a perfect blend, and the clean guitars are a joy to listen to. If you like 60s rock, or just want something a bit different, a bit more melodic, than today's rock, I highly suggest giving Creedence Clearwater Revival and Green River a try. You've probably all heard their songs and just don't know it!

The other album I got is by one new artist I can actually tolerate -- Ben Kweller's Sha Sha. I'm rather fond of BK for his simple guitar rhythms, piano interludes, and just-plain-fun lyrics. Here's a guy that really brings the fun back into music! Again, Ben Kweller has more of an easy, melodic feel, different from the heaviness of much of today's music. I like to think of it as punk/alternative without all the attitude and heaviness. The opening song, "How It Should Be (Sha-Sha)," is one of my favorites, as well as track 9, "Lizzy." Here's another album by a new artist that I highly recommend.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Lagwagon covered the song Bad Moon Rising. It's a rather good song by the way.. I just didn't know who did the original. Maybe I'll go download a few of the Creedence Clearwater Revival songs, see what they sound like. I'm always in the mood for a little bit of Classic rock..(i assume its classic rock, such as Boston or The Eagles.)
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

I'm a big CCR fan :) You've made me want to go digging through their albums again... Great music. Time to crank up the jukebox :cheesy:
:D