Can hkSFV split and merge files?

Discuss anything related to hkSFV.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Funky

Can hkSFV split and merge files?

Post by Funky »

I saw that hkSFV could split files, but can it merge them back together? If so, how?
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

hkSFV cannot split or merge files.

hkSFV is an SFV and MD5 utility that can create and verify these files. SFVs and MD5s are both tiny records of a file or multiple files that can be created by hkSFV. When they are later checked, if the file or files recorded by the SFV or MD5 are different, even by a single byte, hkSFV will know. This type of file verification is invaluable to those who manage and/or transfer large amounts of data.

For more information about hkSFV, read here:

http://www.big-o-software.com/products/hksfv
-Mark
Big-O Software
DeeLight

Post by DeeLight »

Actualy, I think it would be nice if it could split files. Easy MD5 Creator has an option to split a file into any filesize chunks, and creates an MD5 for the small chunks. If I remember right, it also makes a .bat files to recreate the full file from the chunks if those chunks are sent to someone who doesn't have the program. Folder of the chunks, .md5 and .bat is asked at the begining.

Post by Guest »

having it create and split files is nice. I know easy sfv creator does this, but I don't want to see hksfv become bloated with stuff that's not necessary as there are other utilities such as winrar that do a great job at compression, even though it's shareware. I would only like to see the split/combine feature if it won't slow down anything.

What I like about hksfv is that it's faster than a lot of other programs and it checks sfv and md5.