Strange AIM error message

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fuuucckkers

Strange AIM error message

Post by fuuucckkers »

I was using AIM just a little bit ago...and I had my away message up. My friend tried to Direct Connect to me...and gave me this weird away message. Anyone ever seen it before?
Attachments
error14.gif
error14.gif (3.74 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I was getting tons of them while I was in Texas. Not sure what it means though...
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

error code 14 is common....... i dont know exactly what it means, but i get it kinda often when doing certain things, and i know about other people who get it.........

it aint nuthin to worry bout..... my guess is that error 14 is sumthin like a 'server miscomunication' or sumthin of the sort.......

but whatever it is, its nothing serious

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

I always love it when computer software gives you error codes, yet the developers don't really tell anyone what they mean. I remember in Mac System 7 when you'd get alerts that spit out a number like that, and you had to check a big compendium to find out what the hell was wrong with your computer. You'd think software makers would've progressed beyond that by now.
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Michael wrote:I always love it when computer software gives you error codes, yet the developers don't really tell anyone what they mean. I remember in Mac System 7 when you'd get alerts that spit out a number like that, and you had to check a big compendium to find out what the hell was wrong with your computer. You'd think software makers would've progressed beyond that by now.
lol I remember those old OS 7 errors... But back then I didn't know about the book of error codes....
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

HA! obviously AOL is aware of the Error 14 problem.
This is right from their Website
If you get an "Error 14" message when trying to send a Game/Add-In invitation, go to the configuration for the Game/Add-In within AIM Preferences and remove the URL and Hint text, in order to reduce the amount of data that is transmitted. Please submit a bug report if you are still seeing the problem
Although I wasnt trying to use the Gamee/Add-In feature.. it was the direct connect that cause the error.. hmmm. :-?
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:HA! obviously AOL is aware of the Error 14 problem.
This is right from their Website
I would hope the software company would at least know what the error code number meant.
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

you would think that right?

I would hope the software company would at least know what the error code number meant.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image