[Grudge Match] Samus Aran vs. Jango Fett

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Battle of the Bounty Hunters

Poll ended at Wed May 07, 2003 8:12 pm

Samus Aran
100%
Jango Fett
No votes

Total votes: 11

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

[Grudge Match] Samus Aran vs. Jango Fett

Post by DADINK13 »

I was bored, so I was reading through some of Gamespy's old grudge matches, and this one instantly caught my eye. Two bounty hunters, both feared and well-known. So I thought I'd bring the question here.

Bounty Hunter Grudge Match: Samus Aran vs. Jango Fett
Who wins?

Open to all discussion. :)
Last edited by DADINK13 on Thu May 01, 2003 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

Samus, no argument.

Now, pin Samus against the son of Jhengo Fett, and you have a fight! Sure, Samus is just plain awesome, but Boba survived the damn Sarlacc for God's sake! That'd be a real fight to see. I'd definitely order that one on Pay-Per-View.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I would have to say Samus...
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Michael wrote:Now, pin Samus against the son of Jhengo Fett, and you have a fight! Sure, Samus is just plain awesome, but Boba survived the damn Sarlacc for God's sake!
I dunno how good of a fight it would be...Samus would still kicks his ass with no problem if you ask me.

Boba doesn't have many more abilities then Jango did. Not only does Samus have multiple beam weapons, but multiple missile and bomb types--and that's just offensive weaponry. She has an impenetrable defensive mechanism (the Screw Attack), and can see in thermal and x-ray vision. Boba can run, but he can't hide for long. And I think Samus has had her share of sticky situations she's escaped from, dontcha think? :wink:

It's gotta suck to get your ass kicked by a girl...lol.. 8)
jester22c

Post by jester22c »

Samus ... most definately so :)
:D
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

DADINK13 wrote:Boba doesn't have many more abilities then Jango did. Not only does Samus have multiple beam weapons, but multiple missile and bomb types--and that's just offensive weaponry. She has an impenetrable defensive mechanism (the Screw Attack), and can see in thermal and x-ray vision. Boba can run, but he can't hide for long. And I think Samus has had her share of sticky situations she's escaped from, dontcha think?
True, but never underestimate the power of Boba's sheer tenacity!
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

lol...true, but look at what the numbers are saying. :wink:

Maybe it's the fact that Samus is a woman that's making people think she'd kick Jango's ass? Or is it that people just know that she'll kick his ass because of all her abilities. Has Jango or Boba really taken on something like eight times their size and walked away from it with no problems?

Very tough argument yes. Both are hardened. Both has seen their share of tough situations. Both have more toys and gadgets than anyone can think of. However, after thinking about it, I see two key differences:

Samus can't use her weapons while spin-jumping. While spin-jumping, the Screw Attack is functioning, if she fires her beam weapons, she has to come out of the spin, which would render her vulnerable to attack. Jango has his rocketpack, so he can still fly around and use his weapons with ease. Advantage: Jango

Jango's missile launcher is on his rocketpack. In order to use it, he has to bend forwards. Samus' missile capabilities are in her weapon arm, so she can still unload missiles while effectively dodging any incoming weapons fire. Advantage: Samus

There are tons more, but I don't wanna take away the fun--I'll let somebody else think of those. :)