DeadAIM No Longer Freeware

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Matt

Re: DeadAIM

Post by Matt »

lordicarus wrote:
Darc wrote:....how many of you are running Windows XP Professional or Corporate...
Uhh... there is no "Corporate" edition of Windows XP........
Uh, yes there is! Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corporate edition is a valid edition. It is basically the same as Windows XP except you dont have to validate your key.....
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

The "Corporate" edition of WinXP is only available to M$ vendors that create products that use the WinXP OS. Examples of such are Dell, HP, IBM, etc who make desktop solutions that use the operating system. Having been working at Compaq (pre HP merger) when XP was launch, they were concerned about how they were going to do their work if every time they wanted to re-install the OS for Quality Assurance testing they had to "register" the product and after 2 installs the OS got disabled.

I believe the insiders call it a "group user license version"
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yes there is. It's a multiple liscensed version of Pro. Never has to be activated.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

DADINK13 wrote:Yes there is. It's a multiple liscensed version of Pro. Never has to be activated.
Yes, but to the best of my knowledge that version is only available to OEM's
Ray

"Everybody needs friends. No one wishes to be without them. But never lose sight of the fact that it is your friends who will lead you along the paths that you will follow."
—Gordon B. Hinckley
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

... And anyone that uses Kazaa.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
shock

Post by shock »

it sounds like the dead aim you have to pay for isnt new or updated or anything, if thats the case, if he dont want all those hits and stuff, just goto http://www.benadamski.com/shock/OLD/main.htm i dont mind having the extra hits, even if that is my old site, download away
<^>
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

The only thing in that post that made sence was the fact you were giving out illegal software...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

PhaseDMA wrote:... And anyone that uses Kazaa.
Stupid me. I was referring to legally available....haha
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley
shock

Post by shock »

iunno if u were talking to him or me, but if u were talkin to me i uploaded it before it had to be paid for, and he never asked me to remove it, so i dont see anything illegal in that
<^>
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

shock,

I originally made the comment that the only people who have the version of XP Professional that doesn't require you to register it are OEM's. Then PhaseDMA stated that the people who downloaded it from Kazaa also have it. I followed that up stating that I meant the people who legally have it are the OEM's.

I wasn't referring to your post about DeadAIM
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley
lordicarus

Post by lordicarus »

And by the way, I dont consider the version of XP where you dont have to register the "corporate" edition. It happens to be the version I am running on my computer, and I consider it the "OEM" edition. Sorry for the mixup there.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Anyways...can we get back on topic now please? This thread is about DeadAIM not being freeware.
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

Sorry. We did get off on a slight tangent....lol

I was thinking about this on the ride in on the bus this morning (not the short bus....lol).

I mentioned in an earlier post that AOL could've been in talks with JDennis for a long time. What if the decision to charge $5 for DeadAIM was just a ploy instigated by AOL to gauge the interest level of the AIM-using public in paying for the services DeadAIM provided
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Of course AOL was in contact with AOL for a long time... The question is... Just how long?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
harra
Veteran
Veteran

Post by harra »

PhaseDMA wrote:Of course AOL was in contact with AOL for a long time
Anthony,

That didn't make sense?
Ray

—Gordon B. Hinckley