Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

MTV Icon: Metallica

Post by Chinchilla! »

What did you guys think of it? Here's my opinion:

Sum41: Good job. They'd make a great cover band. Perhaps that's the road they should have followed.

Staind: Horrible. Aaron's voice was horrible and it was just an all-around lame performance.

Averil Lavigne: This was so bad I couldn't watch the entire thing. I'll just leave it at that.

Snoop Dogg: They must have laced his weed with pcp or embalming fluid to get him to do that performance. Gawd-awful.

Korn: Not only was their performance stellar, but the crowd was going nuts. They did an awesome job.

Limp Bizkit: Another great performance. They really made it into a 'limp bizkit kind of song'.

Metallica: Didn't miss a beat. I didn't think Lars would still be able to play drums that fast cause it seems like all of his drumwork since the black album has been weak.

Did anyone notice how they VERY briefly mentioned that Dave Mustaine was in Metallica back in the day?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I have no idea what you're talking about...

I dont watch MTV.. or much TV for that matter..
The only band I would watch out of those you listed.. would be Sum41...and probably Korn. The others all suck.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

Crap, I wanted to see this -- well, it's MTV, so I'm sure they'll be rerunning it very soon.
-Ryan
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I didn't even know something like this was on. So, they really did go back to their speed metal roots. It's about damn time. Anything after the Black Album was pure crap. I miss the eight, nine minute instrumentals.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:I miss the eight, nine minute instrumentals.
The band TOOL is famous for those...
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

Ryan: They already re-ran it twice! And they'll probably re-run it often this weekend on MTV or MTV2.

DADINK13: I also miss the nine minute progressive style metal masterpieces. Unfortunately, when you 'make it big' in the music world, you get to work with producers who tell you that your songs need to be short in order to 'sell records'.

I forgot to mention that the new guitarist for limp bizkit and the new bassist for metallica both look very out of place in their new respective bands. It's like that Sesame street song, "Which one of these band members is not like the others, which one of these band members just doesn't belong".
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Chinchilla! wrote:I forgot to mention that the new guitarist for limp bizkit and the new bassist for metallica both look very out of place in their new respective bands. It's like that Sesame street song, "Which one of these band members is not like the others, which one of these band members just doesn't belong".
lol.....yea, it's not like having Jason or even Cliff, but what can you do? He does the job I'm assuming, and he does it well.
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

krock radio (nyc) presents summer sanitarium tour/disfunctional family picnic at giants stadium:
Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones, Mudvayne
and i have tickets.
i dont care to much for limp bizkit linkin park or mudvayne, but metallica and deftones will be insane
please stop. now.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

KROCK...bah...