Send IM's through CMD windows....

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Impulse
Just Registered
Just Registered

Send IM's through CMD windows....

Post by Impulse »

Any idea how to do this???

I have a client that would like to be able to be notified VIA aim if some thin on his system goes wrong... He will not be on this system and can have a batch file kick off when the error occurs... now is there anyways to make it so that AIM can "auto notify" through command line?

AIM can be up and running on his machine in the background, he just wants a way to send IM's via command.

THis may or may not happen, thanks anyways for your time and help, its appreciated. :)

OR....
I can make webpages popup on this machine if an error occurs, is there some how a way to embed a messhage within a webpage that would autosend to aim?

Ok... I think I found some thing helpful...
if I put that into cmd it brings me to a room, how can I make it IM some one using a line like this?
aim:gochat?roomname=Tes
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

He will need to write a program to do this. The program should support command line arguments so it can be executed from the prompt like this:

c:\>prog.exe ScreenName "Message here"
Impulse
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by Impulse »

I found this:

aim:goim?screenname=SCREENNAME&message=message

That is perfect but how do I make it actually send it?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

You CAN'T. Not like that.
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

if you download miranda im http://miranda-im.org/download/, with the aim plugin http://miranda-im.org/download/details. ... ile&id=581

to use the command prompt messaging check out another plugin, http://miranda-im.org/download/details. ... ile&id=504. i dont know if this what your client wants. as far as aim goes, miranda isnt as full featured as the aim client, but can be endlessly upgraded with plugins. hope this is at least somewhat close to what you're looking for.
please stop. now.
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Learn Perl, install it on your computer. Get Net::AIM. You can do anything you'd be able to do anything in AIM through the command prompt.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Or you cxan get TocSock.ocx (which I don't recommend) and write the program in VB. It would be fairly straight-forward.