Star Wars Trilogy

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Star Wars Trilogy

Post by DADINK13 »

:: split from the Indiana Jones Topic ::

Now if only the original Star Wars trilogy (NOT the crappy Special Edition) were to be released on DVD... :-?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:Now if only the original Star Wars trilogy (NOT the crappy Special Edition) were to be released on DVD... :-?
What's the difference?

From what I understand.. the Trilogy was digitally remastered..new special effects added..and 5.1 surround sound thrown in. I don't see the big deal about that.

So what are you talking about?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

There are three versions of the Star Wars trilogy:

1) The orignal release. No digital enhancement whatsoever.
2) The THX-enhanced version. Similar to the originals, except with better sound and picture quality.
3) The Special Edition. All in-space sequences were replaced with CG, and added crappy scene with Jabba the Hutt in Ep4. Same sound and picture quality as THX-enhanced version.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:All in-space sequences were replaced with CG, and added crappy scene with Jabba the Hutt in Ep4. Same sound and picture quality as THX-enhanced version.[/b]
So you're telling me they removed all the 'in-space' dogfights of X-Wings and Tie Fighters... which I'm assuming were created back in the day with plastic models and stuff.. or however.

and replaced it with computer generated 'modern day' CG ?????!
Damn that's stupid.

So do the CG sequences look out of place? Or do they fit the older 70's style 'look' ?
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

They look out of place. I hate them.

The best version of the Trilogy is the THX-enhanced version. I have the original releases, and I'm happy.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:They look out of place. I hate them.

The best version of the Trilogy is the THX-enhanced version. I have the original releases, and I'm happy.
I have the originals on VHS ..from about 30 or however many years ago when my parents recorded them off the TV. (lets just say before i was born)

Sad part is...their full of commercials. :(