Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Reed Talks Fantastic Four

Post by Big-O Mark »

Reed Talks Fantastic Four

Director chats up superhero flick.

May 09, 2003

IGN

USA Today recently spoke with Fantastic Four director Peyton Reed about the planned comic book movie currently in development at 20th Century Fox. "It has this dysfunctional-family element to it," Reed said of the Marvel comic. "The things that made the comic revolutionary 40 years ago are taken for granted now. That they are heroes with personal problems. They fight crime but can't pay the rent."

Twin Peaks scribe Mark Frost was recently tapped to pen the latest draft for Fantastic Four. "Mark is going to do something interesting with it," the director promised. "You have to, because there are so many comic-book movies out there." No word yet if "interesting" means the filmmakers still intend on taking a sitcom-like approach to the material.

Fantastic Four is slated for a Nov. 4, 2004 release. George Clooney and Renée Zellweger are the reported frontrunners to star as Mister Fantastic and The Invisible Woman, respectively.

Thanks to Superhero Hype for the heads-up!
-Mark
Big-O Software
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

oh god..
I can see it now.. George Clooney as the main character...
But yet.. when I see him in movies.. I see him as.. a doctor from the series ER.

And if they take sitcom-like approach to the movie.. it'll probably die faster than Super Mario Bros did back in 1993.. :roll:
Now that was an aweful movie..