Funky Windows/Crash

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

ImmortalBlade

Funky Windows/Crash

Post by ImmortalBlade »

Ok, i just installed the "new" nvida drivers off thier website, and now im getting issues with AIM+

1) Getting access violation randomly with AIM crash
2) when maximizing or minizing IM windows i get the bottom picture or a jarbled screen simlar to if i were using a resolution/refresh rate too high for my computer this happens for a fraction of a second (both). ive tried doing the same thing with AIM and i dont get anything like this. Maybe you guys have issues with nvida drivers?

Image was shrunk and cut(to remove my buddylist)

AIM: 4.8.2646
AIM+: 2.1.1
CPU: AMD Tbird
Gfx Card: GF3 PNY 64mb
Nvidia Driver: 28.32

My CPU IS over clocked but, this doesnt happen (crashes and IM windows) with out AIM+.
Big-O Ryan
Developer
Developer

Post by Big-O Ryan »

The black stuff you're seeing for a fraction of a second when enlarging the window is a result of the window being transparent, and the way AIM draws the windows. It isn't likely to be improved (meaning I haven't found a way yet, but who knows). If it bothers you, you can simply turn off transparency, and you shouldn't see this effect.

As for the crashes, I haven't seen anything like this with the new versions.. how often does it happen? Anything particular going on when it does (what are you doing with AIM)?
-Ryan
Big-O Software
ImmortalBlade

Post by ImmortalBlade »

well, i have noticed that it happens alot when i lose my internet connection (ie when my university's bad routing decides to send my packets to the antartic instead of oscar). Recently in the past two days(since i installed my nvidia drivers) ive been getting acess violations/bad connections. It doesnt happen OFTEN but it is bothersome. Since it happens randomly i dont know if its my system or AIM+ using AIM std right now to see if its me or AIM+.

for(int i=0;i<MAX_LENGTH;++i)
cout<<"AHHHHHHHH ECS50 is gay!"<<endl;
//wanna help me with this bitstring operator =P
sdf

Post by sdf »

K it was my system, i did a repair install of windows XP it seams to have fixed the problem. Did a ram test too. Everything seems to be checking out ok so far. Well see in the days to come. But it wasnt AIM+.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I'm glad you were able to fix the problem. Thanks for letting us know it wasn't AIM+, too :).
-Mark
Big-O Software