Talk while away? Sweet!

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Talk while away? Sweet!

Post by Michael »

I started using iChat instead of AIM for Mac OS X the other day. I like it. The interface is cooler, and if you have your buddies in your address book, their name appears on the buddy list instead of their AIM screen name. Your list is also sorted by availability automatically, and there is a spell-checking feature that checks spelling as you type.

But I think the coolest thing is this: You can talk to people while still having an away message up! I found this out by accident when I started talking to a friend while my away message was up, but I forgot to take it down. That is too cool!
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

is it only for macs?
please stop. now.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

iChat is. Only for OS X.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

My friend Jessi uses it. It gets really confusing at time talking with her while her away message is up. Also it tends to make the alert me when the come back useless since the away message never drops,
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

theres a glitch in aim so u can talk while away. its only temp and goes bak 2 normal after a few seconds. i got it from sum aim site (i think aimhelp.com). just go into ur prefs, away msg, select an away msg. tab over until the "Im Away" button is selected, and go spacebar happy. if u do it fast enough, aim will either get stuck in away mode or non-away mode for a while. either mode u can im. ull just get sum err msg but it will still send.