E3: First "Metroid: Zero Mission" movie!

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

E3: First "Metroid: Zero Mission" movie!

Post by DADINK13 »

http://pocketmovies.ign.com/pocket/vide ... 051403.mov

Downloading now...

EDIT: Okay I just watched it. It looks a lot like a remake of the original Metroid on NES. Add the abilities that Samus had in Fusion (wall jumping, clinging, pulling herself up on ledges, even the speed booster). It even sounded like it had the original music (remember the Brinstar theme from when you first started the game?). It appears to add a few new locations, and an encounter with Space Pirates (something that never happened in Metroid), and we may have a winner! :D
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Why remake Metroid from NES when they could remake Super Metroid from SNES, it was one of the absolute best games for that system.
-Mark
Big-O Software
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

My guess why not remake Super Metroid is because of the control scheme. If the GBA had six buttons like a Super Nintendo controller, it would be easier to do. I also think because the palette is too dark for the GBA.

It could also be because Nintendo wants to reintroduce Metroid to a new generation of gamers. I felt that people who played Metroid Prime and never played any of the other Metroid games were lost in the vastness of the Metroid universe. For people like me who have played through the other four games understand exactly what's been going on and how it all fits together.

Don't forget it's also being expanded on. Maybe you'll visit parts of Zebes that you did in Super Metroid, as well as new areas.

And yes, Super Metroid is arguably the best game for the Super Nintendo. :cheesy: