aim buddylist background color

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Jon8RFC wrote:..I changed all 000000 's i found to FFFFFF..
chances are its not 000000, its probably 010101, like the color of the buddies on the list.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

lol, now hes gunna kill himself for all those hours wasted
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I Know I would... :wink:
Jon8RFC
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Jon8RFC »

Sweeney wrote:
Jon8RFC wrote:..I changed all 000000 's i found to FFFFFF..
chances are its not 000000, its probably 010101, like the color of the buddies on the list.
hehe, luckily that's not the case though because I checked for that first and there wasn't even ONE of those color codes in there which really susprised me.

I forgot to mention this earlier, in the middle of my quest I just decided to search for FFFBF0, which is the same code used in offset 5D5B. There was one occurence of it at offset 8490. I changed it but didn't notice any change anywhere. Just thought I'd throw that down on the table for anybody who cares :)
Zybourgh

Post by Zybourgh »

Gee, I don't know; maybe you can't get your Buddy List to have a background colour of black. Maybe, if you surf to Internet, you might find a theme to download that has a black background. Then again, you might not find a theme for it. I surf the Internet almost all the time, and I rarely even find something like that, so you'll have to look around eery corner of the Internet to find it. Truly, I don't know if you can find a theme like that or not. :-?
Zybourgh

Post by Zybourgh »

Hey, another idea. Maybe if somehow (and I know it's possible) you could turn your AIM into HTML (HyperText Mark-up Language) mark-up by a program (I know I've seen it on the web). If so, just type <body bgcolor="black"> or <body bgcolor="#000000"> and it should turn the color of your background to black. I hope it works :cheesy:
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

no. the background of the buddylist (not im box) is hardcoded into aim. so we hex edited the file to change the color, its possible, it works

wow 2 days late
Zybourgh

Post by Zybourgh »

Okay. :cheesy:
grimsley
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by grimsley »

Walker wrote:Yea, Thats What Happens when you only make a theme. You would think AOL would already have a feature like this... :-?
I have AOL 8.0 Plus, and it does allow you to sort of theme AOL's buddylist and channel bar. Mine are black.