Attack by AIM bots?

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fuuucckkers

Attack by AIM bots?

Post by fuuucckkers »

I just got attacked by a bunch of bots.

KillerSexBotbye# is the name.. with the '#' symbol at the end ranging from 1 - 9.

Out of nowhere.. I just got 9 IM's.. 9 Netmeeting Invites, 9 Direct Connect Attempts, 9 AIM Talk attempts.. and 9 screens that ask me if I want to speak with the person (I'm assume they run on AOL, as AIM persons don't require you to allow permission to accept the message).
fairly annoying if I say so myself..

I blocked them all.
:-?

Strange thing is.. its on my current screen name..which is fairly new..and I don't post it anywhere. The only places I have are my online journal.. and maybe one other place. Not even here do I have it listed. :|
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

if u have your member directory profile filled out they attack you. or interests filled out they attack you.

or if you go into a chat they attack you
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

well none of them to appear to be online anymore
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PaT MaNN 03 wrote:if u have your member directory profile filled out they attack you. or interests filled out they attack you.

or if you go into a chat they attack you
I don't use the AIM member directory (who does?)
And I dont use AIM chats.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

What about the category stuff? The "I am available for x chat."
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

DADINK13 wrote:What about the category stuff? The "I am available for x chat."
Heh.. actually yeah. I went to the AIM options, and I found everything was set to 'Display Approve Dialog' and not simply turned off. I set the AIM Talk/ File Transfer / File Sharing / -- all to Don't Allow.

So that should stop them for the most part.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

lol....that's not what I meant actually. I meant like when you edit your profile, if the box that says "I am available for chat" with all the categories under it was checked.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

DADINK13 wrote:lol....that's not what I meant actually. I meant like when you edit your profile, if the box that says "I am available for chat" with all the categories under it was checked.
yeahh thats what i was getting at too not just the member directory but the available for chat option. just little things that u dont even realize can make them find your sn

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

PaT MaNN 03 wrote:
DADINK13 wrote:lol....that's not what I meant actually. I meant like when you edit your profile, if the box that says "I am available for chat" with all the categories under it was checked.
yeahh thats what i was getting at too not just the member directory but the available for chat option. just little things that u dont even realize can make them find your sn
That option is NOT checked either. It's not on by dafault.. and I'll never turn it on.
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

Sounds to me like AIM Invader I - Spec
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

first post in this thread, i knew instantly it was Invader I Spec...... thats a good program to use when you need to piss sum1 off..... and its annoying as hell when you get flodded with it.

Wasted.... basically, it was somebody you know. AIM Invader is one of the simplest programs to use, so pretty much anybody n00b can use it..... all ya gotta do is register a few SN's and then sign them on with the program, then give the program a screenname to flood......
so if you dont put your name anywhere, it was most likely somebody you know. I dont think somebody on the net would type out your sn randomly and click flood.

and by the way.... turning off all those options wont keep it from happening again.... it does more than just those things that have the option to turn off.

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!
145pmp
Just Registered
Just Registered

Post by 145pmp »

where do u get aim invader i-spec?
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »