Old Screen Names and an AIM Add-on

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

abbaZaba5
Just Registered
Just Registered

Old Screen Names and an AIM Add-on

Post by abbaZaba5 »

does aol force a new user to have numbers in their name? i wanted the sn 'abbaZaba' but it would not allow me to create that. I put that user on my buddy list and THEY ARE NEVER ON. EVER. if no one is using it, why cant i register it for myself?

Also, there is a program called GoodAim that has an option for you to be able to rename the people on your buddy list with whatever you want. Like instead of "joeshmoe56549" i can rename it to just "joe" are there any other aim addons that do this or is this the only one? if someone could post a link if there are other programs like this it would be greatly appreciated
Abba-Zaba, you my only friend
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Re: Old Screen Names and an AIM Add-on

Post by DADINK13 »

abbaZaba5 wrote:does aol force a new user to have numbers in their name? i wanted the sn 'abbaZaba' but it would not allow me to create that. I put that user on my buddy list and THEY ARE NEVER ON. EVER. if no one is using it, why cant i register it for myself?
Simple answer. No. I know plenty of people who don't have numbers in their screenames. If a screename is taken, you can't use it. Plain and simple.
abbaZaba5 wrote:Also, there is a program called GoodAim that has an option for you to be able to rename the people on your buddy list with whatever you want. Like instead of "joeshmoe56549" i can rename it to just "joe" are there any other aim addons that do this or is this the only one? if someone could post a link if there are other programs like this it would be greatly appreciated
Umm....I think Trillain does. I can't think of what else.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Hey I am one of the people who does not have any number on his screen name. My sn is Timelessblur and as you can tell there are no number on it. (before that it was Timelessblurr but the reason it change I dont want to get into)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

Please try not to cram two subjects into one thread. It is more useful for everyone if they are split into two seperate posts. There is an existing thread on GoodAIM here:

http://discuss.big-o-software.com/viewt ... ht=goodaim
-Mark
Big-O Software
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't remember ever having a number in my screen name except when I do something like...

screenname
screenname1
screenname2
screenname...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ