Unreal Championship to be updated via xBox Live!

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Unreal Championship to be updated via xBox Live!

Post by DADINK13 »

More reason why Microsoft shouldn't be allowed to make a game console--they allow games to be released that need patching! :o

OLE_LINK4OLE_LINK7Unreal Championship Auto-Update Complete
Available for Download Through Xbox Live! May 22

The fans called and Unreal® has answered.

Utilizing the technical prowess of the Xbox(tm) video game system from Microsoft and Xbox Live!, Digital Extremes, the developers of Unreal Championship in conjunction with Epic Games and Atari have completed the auto-update for the game. It will be available for download through Xbox Live! tomorrow, May 22.

This auto-update addresses current exploits with the Translocator, the T.A.G. rifle, the Link gun, auto-aim and team balancing issues, as well as a number of performance enhancements and an improved stats system. The full list of improvements can be found at the official Unreal Championship forum, on the Atari Web site at www.atari.com.

How does the auto-update work? The auto-update is a mandatory download and takes place as soon as a player enters Xbox Live! to compete in Unreal Championship online. The system automatically detects that the game needs to be updated and installs the software onto the Xbox hard drive.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Personly I think it high time some games could be allowed to be patch. I think it should be advoided if it can be. Have any of you play GTA on any systems? That game was so loaded with bugs it not even funny. And to top if off there is no way to update it. As games get more and more complex the chance increase that there will be bugs in the game that need a patch or 2
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas