Bolo

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Matt

Bolo

Post by Matt »

Hey people!

I rediscovered a really cool game that I played on my Mac about 5 years ago. The game is called Bolo and it was originally made on the mac platform. There is also a version compadible for windows called winbolo. You can get it here: www.winbolo.com It is a really fun game to play over networks (as well as the internet).

If anyone is up for a game, IM me (or PM if you dont know my IM (which would indicate you are a moron considering my IM is........))

For those of you wanting to know what it is without going to the website, here is a blurb about it:
About WinBolo

WinBolo is a implementation of the popular Macintosh network game "Bolo" from the early to middle nineties from scratch on the Window platform. It runs on Windows 95, 98, NT4 (SP5+) and Windows 2000 operating systems. It also runs on Linux. Bolo has been described by its author, Stuart Cheshire as,

"Bolo is a 16 player graphical networked real-time multi-player tank battle game. It has elements of arcade-style shoot-em-up action, but for the serious players who play 12 hour games with 16 players working in teams in different networked computer clusters around an office or university campus, it becomes more of a strategy game. You have to play it to understand."

Bolo has been describe as a game that, "takes an instant to learn but a lifetime to master." It objectives appear simple, to capture and hold all bases on the map yet there are a wide varieties of strategies and counter strategies that can be employed. To learn the basics of the game you can play the inbuilt tutorial, then after a bit of practise jump online on to a free public WinBolo server and play.
The game hardly takes up system resources so practically any computer can run it. I suggest you download the game, go through the tutorial, and then maybe do a practice run through. I have a ton of maps (winzip took 3-4 min to unzip them all) so everytime you play with me you will see a different one (don't worry, I haven't gone through them all.......yet).

Happy Gaming!
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

it a pretty cool game. I took the link out of you profil on AIM this morning. I had a little time to look at it before I went out to lunch today. Since then I have not had a chance to look at it
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I like this Game! Since it used to be on Mac I have no worries that My Intel Pentium can't handle it... LOL and I Hope Michael Reads This... :wink: :lol: :cheesy: