Manage Away Messages in Registry

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

kjwalker wrote:Yea this happens to me to. When I close the program it says I edited files then puts it into my .zip file.
I don't understand what you mean. My program shouldnt do anything at all when you close it. Screenshot?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Master Jedi wrote:
kjwalker wrote:Yea this happens to me to. When I close the program it says I edited files then puts it into my .zip file.
I don't understand what you mean. My program shouldnt do anything at all when you close it. Screenshot?

When you goto any of the away messages... even without editing, and then close the program, it creates a file called 'merged.htm'.

here's two screenshots.
Attachments
before.jpg
before.jpg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
after.jpg
after.jpg (86.81 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
nybbles
Addict
Addict

Post by nybbles »

Master Jedi wrote:
He's probably running the prog from the zip file, without extracting it first. Because it creates Merged.html in the folder it's working in (in this case the temp folder) when you close the program, your zip utility (either the built-in Windows for XP or Winzip, etc.), it says that a file was updated (added) and it's asking whether or not it should update the zip file.

Btw, thanx for the prog, that's pretty sweet!
Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Sverdlove.com/MusicalHorizon.com "Site Admin"
http://www.sverdlove.com
http://www.musicalhorizon.com
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:When you goto any of the away messages... even without editing, and then close the program, it creates a file called 'merged.htm'.

here's two screenshots.
See the last post of the previous page. It saves the HTML code from the away message to a HTM file so it can be displayed.

I think nybbles explained what I was asking about.
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Yep, Thats what I meant
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Ok...these are the away messages present in my history (the new, not-yet-released version of my history viewer has the form from the away message prog in it). Maybe someone else will follow my lead...(I know the program is crappy and it takes forever for you to build the list)
Attachments
masterjedi.rar
(6.23 KiB) Downloaded 136 times