Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

Moon the Loon or Bonzo?

Keith Moon
50%
John Bonham
50%

Total votes: 2

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Best. Drummer. Ever.

Post by DADINK13 »

Okay, this was on the radio the other day, and I thought this was a great poll. The morning show on Q104 was having a poll between two precussion monsters: Keith Moon of The Who, and John Bonham of Led Zeppelin. I felt that Moon was cheated because Bonham beat him 2:1. They're both outstanding dummers, with their strengths and weaknesses, but picking one over the other is near impossible. Both played with legendary bands. Both were phenominal dummers. Both are dead.

So, who is it? Moon the Loon, or Bonzo?
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Who says you have to play rock music to be the very best?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Well, it was a classic rock station. Buddy Rich is outstandng if that's who you're thinking of.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I'm just saying don't overlook people because they don't do rock... I'm not trying to suggest other people, but I'm sure any one that is not rock was overlooked.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

I have no idea if the drums are precussion.. but Danny Carey is about the best Drummer EVER. If you don't know who he is.. oh god.. just listen to the band "TOOL".! :D
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

PhaseDMA wrote:I'm just saying don't overlook people because they don't do rock... I'm not trying to suggest other people, but I'm sure any one that is not rock was overlooked.
I understand what you mean--but that just so happened to be the topic of discussion of the day that morning.
x Wasted Mind x wrote:If you don't know who he is.. oh god.. just listen to the band "TOOL".!
Don't forget who most of these guys are influenced by. :wink:

More info on Carey:
http://www.xtrememusician.com/info/arti ... /1816.html

Impressive drum setup he's got.