xBox fanboys and Half-Life 2

Discuss video games from NES to PS2 to PC to whatever.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

xBox fanboys and Half-Life 2

Post by DADINK13 »

Read this on EBGames.com..a preview pertaining to Half-Life 2:
FORGET THE PC! GONNA BE BETTER ON THE XBOX.
Face it...the PC can't handle these graphics. All the shots of the game were done on the Xbox and thats were it belongs. It's so sad that all these companies try to port all the good games to systems that can't handle it. When you see the PC and PS2 versions of Half-Life 2 you'll realise the power thats behind Microsofts Xbox and ditch your computers for good. Course no game can compare to the might that is Halo 2, the sequel to the greatest game of all time..and if you say otherwise you're just a fanboy. Overall, I'd say that this game is just gonna be a straight up shooter..alright graphics (for the Xbox) and shallow gameplay. Other than for showing off the power behind the Xbox I think I'll pass...I'll have Halo 2 and thats more than enough.
Here's another stupid one--apparently this guy had no intelligence:
THIS GAME'S GOING TO REEK
Why? 'cause the original half life also stunk. I mean, come on, it was only a first person shooter with decent graphics. and it took valve 4.5 years to come out with the sequel. pretty pathetic, i can say that all those people on this site giving 5 stars know nothiing about games. you guys should stick with sims, a game for non-intellectuals.
More stupid xBox fanboys (god I hate xBox fanboys):
XBOX VERSION WILL BE BETTER...SORRY.
Sorry guys this game will be weak on pc. Xbox is the only way to go for FPS. Just like how Halo is king of FPS! It's true. Do you guys have any idea how many pc gamers have gone to the xbox because it's better? On day they will stop making pc games all together. Every port xbox has got has been better the the pc versions. Ghost Recon, RTCW, SOF 2, Splinter Cell (oh wait it came to xbox first and it's better on xbox). Games like Fable will be better than any rpg's on pc. So guys the point is you need to snap out of it and just get an xbox. It's the future. Oh and DX2, DOOM 3 and Thief 3 will be better on xbox also. Sorry but you guys just need to know.
If you're an xBox fanboy, I HIGHLY suggest you stay away from me right now. I'll rip your sac off if you mention ANYTHING about Halo being the "Best Game Ever," or that the xBox is better than a PC.

So...any comments on the stupid people? Comments about Half-Life 2?
Matt

Post by Matt »

All I know is that the trailor of Half-life 2 was fucking awesome (sorry for the swear...thats the only adjective I know of that describes it).
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I think I exacted my revenge on the stupid fanboys...I posted my own review:
First off, xBox fanboys are idiots. The xBox doesn't meet the memory requirements to run Unreal 2--a PC-only game which requires 256Mb of memory. Unreal Championship is a slimmed down version of UT2k3, which has very similiar requirements as Unreal 2 since they both use the same "Warfare" engine. Silly xBox people have to deal with 64Mb of unified memory. And it's silly GeForce3 can't quite handle any modern PC game. But enough about that peice of junk..

Half-Life was called "The Best PC Game Ever Made" by PC Gamer. Halo wasn't. Comparing Half-Life to Halo is like comparing apples with oranges--you can't do it. They're two completely differen't games. Now once Halo hits the PC (which it was originally going to be on before Microsoft bought Bungie--how many people knew that?), than we can compare.

I downloaded and watched the E3 video of both Halo 2 and Half-Life 2, as well as DOOM 3. Half-Life 2 stole the show by far. The other two didn't stand a chance. The Source engine is probably better looking that even Carmack's God-like coding of the DOOM 3 engine. I was toally blown away by the way Source looked and interacted. DOOM 3 blew me away because of it's atmosphere and ambience, but HL2 just made me wet myself from the excitement.

xBox fanboys, grow up. Microsoft isn't your savior. They've brainwashed you. The true gamers are the ones who have lived in the stone-age--we're the ones who remember when the Nintendo Entertainment System was brand new--that year was 1986. Were you even alive then? The PC is forever the ultimate gaming platform. Forever expandable, forever the best.

If you don't believe me, configure an PC with xBox specs and try running games on it and see just how well it does. Then try it on my computer: a P4 2.8GHz (80MHz FSB) with 1GB of DDR400 ram, 800MHz FSB mainboard, and a GeForce4 Ti 4600. Which one do you think will perform better?

The computer specs are the one I'm working on, but who cares? They don't know.
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm glad you showed those fan-boys up. They don't know what they are talking about...any of them.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Should've said the Radion 9700 Pro. :)

Also... if you want to make more comments to them.. talk about the game called PlanetSide. Which happens to be a PC only game as well. The style of gameplay is literally Tribes or Tribes 2 on Crack.
The game is graphically astonishing.

The game REQUIRES at least 512MB RAM just to INSTALL.. and play.

And you need at least a G4 GPU or comparable ATI card to play as well.

I can't even play the game because my computer is deemed "Obsolete" by those requirements.
DADINK13

Post by DADINK13 »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:Should've said the Radion 9700 Pro. :)
lol...how about the RADEON 9800 Pro? Yes it's out--newegg has one with 256Mb of memory for like $500. :o

I just hope EBGames posts that. I wrote this awesome review for Metroid Prime and they posted it--but not my Wind Waker review.. :(
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Man people those people have a lot to learn. PC can be consitly upgraurd to keep up with the times. Game systems can not

Also all Gaming systems (Xbox, Game cube, PS2 ect) are basicly just a computer built to play games. Last face it I can easily build a more powerful computer than any Xbox that could play the games better than the Xbox. Now cost wise yeah the Xbox has more bang for the buck but all it can do it play games and only Xbox games. PC have more games out there and there grapich can always be better.....
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

Pay no mind to them, they're slaves to the console.