router connection problem

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

AcceptTheCompliment

router connection problem

Post by AcceptTheCompliment »

recently, my family bought a laptop computer, and put that on a wireless network, which means we had to buy a router, which this computer is also running off of. whenever i try to send or recieve a file from my girlfriend, i get this message:
Connection problem with pixie the lion; the file will not be sent. (Your 'Internet Connection Firewall' may be on. If you and your buddy are each behind a different firewall, then the connection will not work.)
this has ONLY been happening since i got a router, and she's got a router too. i just saw a description of an add-on for kazaa lite that says:
KaNat: This tool was designed for people who are behind a router. With this tool you will now be able to download from people who are also behind a router. That isn't possible without this tool.
so my question would be: does this also apply to AIM transfers? and, if so, how do i fix it?
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Yes it does apply, but you can't fix it. I think the newer versions of AIM have been modified to support it. Both you and she need to upgrade AIM to the newest version or one of you needs to disable your firewall.
AcceptTheCompliment

Post by AcceptTheCompliment »

thanks man, we'll try that.

p.s.-- i just saw your avatar thing, and that is the most adorable thing i've ever seen.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

AcceptTheCompliment wrote:p.s.-- i just saw your avatar thing, and that is the most adorable thing i've ever seen.
Time to be incredibly obnoxious!! :D

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!