AIM uses a image now

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

AIM uses a image now

Post by Anthony »

I just went to sign up a SN for someone because their little SN register program was not working... and what do I find? You now have to type whatever shows up in a image to get the SN.

I hate websites that do this. Now maybe if they had started this years ago it wouldnt be so bad (since there were still good SNs), but at this point in the game it's just stupid.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

Yeah...I noticed that too. It's way too late to start with that. Oh well. What do you expect?...it's AOL.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

So you're telling me now the Auto-Register programs wont work???

Damn you AOL!! Damn you to hell !! :evil:

EDIT -- read this thing.. it's from the 'What's This?' link on AOLs Website.
The word hidden in the image cannot be read by a computer and must be entered manually. This helps to prevent automated registrations of screen names. Screen names created by automated processes are typically used to gain unauthorized access to our systems or send spam to you. Thank you for helping us to make our products and services more secure and to stop abuse of your e-mail box and instant messaging service.
To gain access to systems and harvet email addresses??

Not likely... more like to just register a bunch of names and not have to use their system. Stupid AOL.
Stealth725

Post by Stealth725 »

oh once i saw one of these (it might've been AOL, not sure) and it was like impossible to read the letters... i couldnt sign up, there were some letters sideways, some (almost) upside down...