Icons and Cursors

Hardware, Software, Internet, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, jester22c

sweeney
Addict
Addict

Icons and Cursors

Post by sweeney »

The icons and cursors on my computer don't show up as what they are anymore. They show up as an unidentified file-type. I checked my file associations, and they're in there, but they still don't show up. How do I fix this?
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

what OS are you running because that would make it a lot easiey to know how to help you
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

OS does help.

I'm on 98se.. and sometimes it just randomly decides to change Icons on my program shortcuts.

And NO i dont have a virus. it just does it for no reason. it's really strange...
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Oh, yeah, sorry about that, kinda slipped my mind. I'm running XP.

Edit:
And the same thing happens to me on 2k Professional
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Ok now that helps some. Unforchaly I have not been using XP long enough to start running into those problems. Mines you my cursuers are not the stander cursuers. XP is very diffent from ME and 95 (the other 2 OS I learned how to problem shot). My first guess is to go look in the admiston set up the set up on what programs you are alwod to use. But it could just be something little setting you change by mistake. try going back to a system restore point or set everyting back to defelt
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Not trying to be rude....but I really can't understand that. Could someone decipher that?
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Timelessblur wrote:Ok now that helps some. Unforchaly I have not been using XP long enough to start running into those problems. Mines you my cursuers are not the stander cursuers. XP is very diffent from ME and 95 (the other 2 OS I learned how to problem shot). My first guess is to go look in the admiston set up the set up on what programs you are alwod to use. But it could just be something little setting you change by mistake. try going back to a system restore point or set everyting back to defelt
Sweeney wrote:Not trying to be rude....but I really can't understand that. Could someone decipher that?
Ok now that helps me some. Unfortunately I have not been using XP long enough to start running into those problems. But my cursors are not the standard cursors. XP is very different from ME and 95 (the other 2 OSs I learned how to trouble shoot). My first guess is to go look in the Administration setup on what programs you're allowed to use. But it could just be some little setting you changed by mistake. Try going back to a system restore point or set everything back to default.

Hope that helps you to understand ! :D
Michael
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by Michael »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:I'm on 98se.. and sometimes it just randomly decides to change Icons on my program shortcuts.

And NO i dont have a virus. it just does it for no reason. it's really strange...
I think it's a hidden setting in Windows. Uncheck the option "Screw with user's icons for the hell of it." I think you might need to hack the registry to make this option appear, though. It's in a hidden "Debug" menu in Explorer.
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Haha, thats great.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

Michael wrote:
x Wasted Mind x wrote:I'm on 98se.. and sometimes it just randomly decides to change Icons on my program shortcuts.

I think it's a hidden setting in Windows. Uncheck the option "Screw with user's icons for the hell of it." I think you might need to hack the registry to make this option appear, though. It's in a hidden "Debug" menu in Explorer.
I seen that a picture of that some where on the net. If I can find it I post it here