The Hulk

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

fuuucckkers

The Hulk

Post by fuuucckkers »

Just got back not even 30 minutes ago.

I'd have to say that is a great movie. Although it is long and drawn out..
I won't say much more considering it was just released and most of you haven't seen it yet! :D

Crazy thing is.. me and some friends got there at a little bit before 8pm.. we were trying to catch the 8 show. Turns out we missed that.. and from the point we got there.. the next showing which was 9:30 was Already sold out ! We had to hang around the Mall / Movie Theatre for a good 2 hours before we could catch the Next showing... which was at 10:00pm.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

I said the exact same thing. It felt too long. It's cool because it dives deep into Bruce's psychological past. It shows why he's the way he is.

Good job Ang Lee! Next time, just shorten it. :wink:
Matt

Post by Matt »

I thought it was too long as well. Basically what they did was create a good move and fill in the extra time with "crap." But don't get me wrong...it is a good movie...just a little too long.....

I mean, the could have definately shortened it to perhaps 1:45 or even 1:30 but yea thats hollywood for you...have to show ALL the action.
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

KooLTaB101 wrote:I thought it was too long as well. Basically what they did was create a good move and fill in the extra time with "crap." But don't get me wrong...it is a good movie...just a little too long.....

I mean, the could have definately shortened it to perhaps 1:45 or even 1:30 but yea thats hollywood for you...have to show ALL the action.
I thought the action was the best part..
If they didn't go into so much depth of his background.. who is he.. how he came about. father/mother history and all that.. it would've been a lot shorter. But then again it would've been akward to not have it there because some parts just wouldn't make sense.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

Yea, the action did rock. The whole part with the dogs was awesome. But I actually liked how they went deep into Bruce's past and psychological trauma. However, one thing I picked up that I didn't like was that in some reviews, they kept saying that Bruce is bipolar--which is completely false. Bipolar disorder isn't neccesarily caused by severe childhood trauma. Borderline Personality Disorder is however. I'll have to watch it again, but from what I picked up, Bruce could be surrfering from Borderline Personality Disorder (the extreme mood swings), PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, aka 'Shell Shock'), as well as having severely repressed memories, which cause him to bottle up his rage and just explode. That's why he's so passive-agressive.
boboy
Just Registered
Just Registered

Horrible Movie

Post by boboy »

I agree with you all that the movie was way too long, but frankly I think it should have ended within 10 minutes of beginning. It took forever to establish the premise of the movie, barely explained anything that was going on, the split screens they used were highly distracting, and even the action scenes I found lacking. I wasn't alone though. Every person I went with left the theater agreeing profoundly that the movie was painful to watch, and the funniest part of it was when a random guy in the theater stood up and shouted, "This movie sucks!" and the entire theater responded by clapping. I really fail to see anything good about this film.