My new AIM project...

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

My new AIM project...

Post by Master Jedi »

As some of you already know I'm trying to write a proxy for AIM (much like GoodAIM, which I'm very fond of). I am writing it in VB.NET, which I've never used before. Hopefully I'll get it to work with ALL AIM clients that support proxies. I'm having some difficulties though, so I'm looking for anyone who's good with VB.NET or knows about the inner workings of AIM to help me.

The primary purpose of the application will be to create corrected HTML logs and store any files transferred using AIM. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to support multiple connections. Other possible features may include false idle times, IMing while away, and an HTML profile editor. This program will pretty much be a rip-off of GoodAIM, but I intend to expand on it. The creator of GoodAIM will be credited in the program as well as anyone who give me help.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

if u can, u should also make it so when we copy sumthing from the history, and u paste it in an im window, it keeps the color (unlike deadaim)
Master Jedi
Guru
Guru

Post by Master Jedi »

No I can't. When you copy something from IE, it's copied as text/html. For it to paste right into AIM, the code has the be the crappy stuff that AOL calls HTML in their IM windows (the stuff that displays all screwed up in IE). If I correct it, it loses the copy/paste ability. It could keep 2 histories, but that would be a waste I think.