Music help

Books, Movies, Music, TV, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, DADINK13, fuuucckkers

blahwtf123blah
Just Registered
Just Registered

Music help

Post by blahwtf123blah »

I need help finding the name of and artist of a song, other people could use this topic to post other help with songs. Some of it goes like this: "i know u love me and soon u will c, I was meant 4 u and u were meant 4 me"; its kinda a slow song and think its pretty new and thats just about all i know about it and want to know who its by and the name please
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

ummmmmmmmm you know this belongs in the off topic forums not in the genral forums
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I Guess Some People Are Too Lazy To Scroll down... :roll:
insomica
Addict
Addict

Post by insomica »

Someone needs to give someone more Mod powers.
Bitwise: insomica ->Image
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

insomica wrote:Someone needs to give someone more Mod powers.
That would be Mark or Ryan, and they took a vacation or something from these boards.. so it'll be awhile before any of that happens.
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
insomica wrote:Someone needs to give someone more Mod powers.
That would be Mark or Ryan, and they took a vacation or something from these boards.. so it'll be awhile before any of that happens.
I feel sorry for Mark or Ryan when they get back because this will be a huge mess to clean up. (I volinteer to help but I will need mod powers to do it)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
ashtray
Addict
Addict

Post by ashtray »

this is pathetic.

ooh ooh, let me be a mod. i want to have a small amount of insignificant power over a dwindling forum! oh boy! let me see how unsubtle i can be! pleeeaaaasssseee, mark and ryan.... i can delete topics like nobody's business!

i honestly would not be surprised if one of you made this topic solely to be the first to jump on it to show just how much potential you have...

go do something with your lives, and stop embarrassing yourself in the sight of all.
please stop. now.
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Re: Music help

Post by Chinchilla! »

blahwtf123blah wrote:I need help finding the name of and artist of a song, other people could use this topic to post other help with songs. Some of it goes like this: "i know u love me and soon u will c, I was meant 4 u and u were meant 4 me"; its kinda a slow song and think its pretty new and thats just about all i know about it and want to know who its by and the name please
You Were Meant for Me by Jewel. Lotsa people are saying she sold out with her new look and sound. I just think she looks really hot. But I digress.....
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't you can have success in the music industry recently and not have done something "wrong" ("your fake" or "you sold out").... In less of course your someone that either wouldn't care... Or someone it would be "dangerous" on a social level to bash.

IMO changing for the times is not selling out... So... Christina didn't sell out right :o :roll: ?

Sorry... My public rant for the day...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

I don't you can have success in the music industry recently and not have done something "wrong" ("your fake" or "you sold out").... In less of course your someone that either wouldn't care... Or someone it would be "dangerous" on a social level to bash.

IMO changing for the times is not selling out... So... Christina didn't sell out right :o :roll: ?

Sorry... My public rant for the day...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

as you know its all about making as much money as possible. In the process, an artist might change the way they look, or their sound, "reinventing themself".

I could care less, as long as I enjoy the music, and hey, if they've got some T&A to flash at me in their music videos (a la christina, jewel, J.Lo, the list goes on forever) or a cool video (like Tool, the white stripes...) then that's fine.

dangerous on a social level, yeah its real easy to call christina a sell out, or make fun of boy bands, who is ever going to call Eminem a sell out? He does a duet with Elton John and still has 'street cred'. And what about that 50 cent guy? he takes 9 bullets and not one of them did the job.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Chinchilla! wrote:as you know its all about making as much money as possible. In the process, an artist might change the way they look, or their sound, "reinventing themself".
I think it is very unfair to say it's all about the money. Why can't someone go out on stage and do it for their fans... Or even for them self? Sure maybe they reinvent them self, but it doesn't mean they want more money... Some artists actually have fun going out on stage and singing so hard they can't talk in the morning (silly I know).

Look at Maddona... You really think she went on tour last time because she needed more money? As if she didn't have enough money her husband does... And then she releases this current CD... If it was "all about making as much money as possible" then she wouldn't have made it the way she did...

Or look at The Dave Matthews band... They have been known to release songs directly to P2P networks... Now they are either complete idiots, or they don't care about the money they could have (and would have) made.

Of course there are the people that are in it for the money... Although I would still say not many IMO.
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Moon Child
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Moon Child »

Good point Anthony.

Look at Linkin Park. A lot of what they do behind the scenes is for their fans. Just this past spring they held a small venue tour that was free for their fan club members. Every concert they go to they have meet and greets where they can meet their fans and interact with them before or after a show. Other things they do for their fans is to give them cds with unreleased or demo songs that its hard to get anywhere else (until its shared over things like Kazaa).

Contests have been held for the fan club and the winner has received a trip to LA to meet and spend the day with the band. Their Faint video has both fan club and streetteam members in the video. From what I hear, the guys spent time with the fans just talking throughout the two days when they weren't shooting.

And if they have to cancel a show for some reason, such as they did with a concert because of Chester's throat infection or him being in the hospital, they try to make it up when they can fit it in. Three concert dates from this spring are being made up seperately WHILE they are on tour for Summer Sanitarium.

These guys love what they do. They know it wouldn't be possible for them to do so without the support of their fans.
~Maeg

Resident LP Fanatic

*Nobody likes you when you're 23* - Blink 182

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Moon Child wrote:Just this past spring they held a small venue tour that was free for their fan club members.
I would hardly call it free. What does it take to become and LPUnderground member? MONEY! So in actuality.. everyone one of those 'fans' are actually paying for the small "free" venue tour in advance.