Buddies using Mobile Devices glitch/error/weird

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Buddies using Mobile Devices glitch/error/weird

Post by Chinchilla! »

(first a little background)
For a while I had 2 buddies who used IM forwarding so they could get IM's directed to their cell phones when not online. When they were not online, I'd see their little mobile phone icons next to their screen names.

A few weeks ago, for no apparent reason (and no changes to my system), they only showed up on my buddy list when they signed onto their computers (no longer showing them 'mobile'). Actually this is a good thing because no logging program correctly logs when they come online or go offline when they have the IM forwarding feature enabled.

Has anyone experienced this?

(I just upgraded to AIM 5.x and this glitch/error/whatever you call it does not exist).
z8c5

Post by z8c5 »

I'm not sure what you're saying...but with the people on my buddy list that have mobile devices it just comes up as them on a mobile device with their online time usually in the days, and when they sign up at their computer the icon goes away and their online time is reset to 1 minute, and once they sign off, the icon comes back up, and their online time is back in the days...I think that's how it supposed to be. lol :lol:
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

z8c5 wrote:I'm not sure what you're saying...but with the people on my buddy list that have mobile devices it just comes up as them on a mobile device with their online time usually in the days, and when they sign up at their computer the icon goes away and their online time is reset to 1 minute, and once they sign off, the icon comes back up, and their online time is back in the days...I think that's how it supposed to be. lol :lol:
Right that is how its supposed to be, what I'm saying is that:

People on my buddy list that have mobile devices don't show up on my buddy list until they sign on to a computer. This means that I can't send IM's to their mobile device because I dont see them online.
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

do you have 4.8? b/c im forwarding isnt supported by aim 4.8 or 5.0 only a lil bit of 5.1 and definatley 5.2
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I had A Prbloem about a Week ago... I went to talk to somebody and it said they were using a Mobile Device, but there was no icon by their name. I know that there was a problem because I IMed Matt and it said he was using one. then I thought, OK. So I tried on dnLFilipit (7Up's Bot) and it said that it was on Moblie Too. So I Restarted My Computer and it was fixed. I am using 5.2.3139.