Change the Auto-Response format

Request features that you'd like to see in future versions of AIM+.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Change the Auto-Response format

Post by Guest »

Is it possible to change the Auto-Response from:

---------------------------------------------------
Autoresponse from JoeUser: I am not here.
---------------------------------------------------

To this:

JoeUser: I am not here.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

Yes, and you do not even need AIM+

My Aim->Edit Options->Edit preferences->Idle Message

Type in whatever you please. No idea how you got the autoresponse to start with if you do not know how to. Since AIM defaults to none at all.

Post by Guest »

I don't mean the Idle auto-response.

I'm talking about the Away message auto-response.
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

I do not follow exactly what you want.

Just make a new away message then. Though you can edit saved away messages in the preferences.

If you are talking about the away message WinXP picks when you go to the welcome screen, then I do not know why you get that one. It should be "I am away from my computer right now." This is apparently changeable (mentioned in another thread in these forums) which involves editing the registry and changing the default away message.

Still not sure exactly what you want. Hope I helped.
Big-O Mark
Shortbus Driver
Shortbus Driver

Post by Big-O Mark »

I'm pretty sure that he means the manner in which AIM displays the away message as a response to an IM. When you message someone who is away, it puts that "Autoresponse from" tag in front of the actual away message.
-Mark
Big-O Software

Post by Guest »

Mark,

That's exactly what I meant. Also, removing the two horizontal lines above and below the auto response. Is this possible??
iSteve530
Addict
Addict

Post by iSteve530 »

I'm an idiot, I see it now!

Wow, that would be cool.

yea

Post by Guest »

I figured out how to do it. Get a hold of ResHack and open the AimRes.dll file, then do a search to find it. From there just modify the string to make it say what you want. Right now i have mine saying: "This is what %n said:". Still can't find a way to get rid of thos lines though.

PS sorry if some of this doesn't make total sense but i'm really tired right now.

1 more time

Post by Guest »

Sorry, lemme try this again. Open ResHack and open the AimRes.dll file. In the directory on the left, expand the "String Table" tree, and open the folder labeled "33". Click the little picture of a gear or whatever it is. The text you're looking to change is next to the "521". Still can't figure out how to remove the lines...
guyincognitoo

it works, kinda

Post by guyincognitoo »

i did the reghack, and it works fine on my comp, but everyone i talk to still has the default thing. I realize that this is done on my computer only, but if the other people cant see it, it seems kinda pointless. Is there anyway i can still do it, or is mine not behaveing properly?

Post by Guest »

doubt it...