Aim Runtime Error

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Punkrock2207
Just Registered
Just Registered

Aim Runtime Error

Post by Punkrock2207 »

Alot of times when im on aim I get kicked off pretty often because of a Runtime Erorr how do i get this so stop kicking me off aim?[/quote]
Axilla
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Axilla »

Aren't runtime errors found on webpages because of bad html coding?
Michael wrote:In plain English: I am a boy.
For those AOL speakers out there: i ma b0i wat r u a/s/l ken i c ur b00bs?
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

If you're using the latest version of AIM, that's why. It blows. Your best bet is to stick with 5.2.3139.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Axilla wrote:Aren't runtime errors found on webpages because of bad html coding?
NO.

The runtime error is due to a fualt with AIM! Not AIM+.

It's a bug in their programming. Either downgrade to a version of AIM that works, or stop using the current version and wait for the next version which hopefully fixes those Runtime errors. That's about as simple as the answer is gonna get.
breezyb87

Post by breezyb87 »

I was wondering the same thing. I've been pulling my hair out for the past week trying to figure out why I got a Visual C++ Runtime error while instant messaging on AIM 5.2. I was uninstalling and reinstalling everything on my computer. I read on a forum that to fix the problem I would have to reinstall WindowsXP, and I don't have the disk (thanks to my step-dad). I was totally stressing. finally I just reinstalled a lower version of AIM (4.8) and everything seems to be working fine. all that stress for nothing! :cheesy:
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

Sorry D4DINK and Wasted, you're both wrong. The problem is that AOL puts coding in that randomly closes AIM, or causes it not to work. If you have one of these AIM's, the best thing to do is not to sign on, because the AOL servers will memorize your computer info and screenname, and your screenname will never work again!
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
DADINK13
Location: Formerly: "Hunington, Longylan, New Yowrk" Now: "Cahprus Cohve, Texus"

Post by DADINK13 »

...and you have proof of this where? :roll:
sweeney
Addict
Addict

Post by sweeney »

The aliens told me.
Axilla wrote:Since apparently no one has told you what a huge douche bag you are, I'll just tell you now. You are a huge douche bag. Huge.
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

Oh yeah. You gotta stay away from those aliens. They can be mean. Stay away from the UFOs though, you dont wanna be abducted and get probed. I would know. I got probed. :(

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Sweeney wrote:Sorry D4DINK and Wasted, you're both wrong. The problem is that AOL puts coding in that randomly closes AIM, or causes it not to work. If you have one of these AIM's, the best thing to do is not to sign on, because the AOL servers will memorize your computer info and screenname, and your screenname will never work again!
x Wasted Mind x wrote:The runtime error is due to a fualt with AIM! Not AIM+.
Sooo..how am I wrong again??

It's a problem with AOL, yet I said AIM. AOL created AIM... soo.....where did I go wrong??
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

yeah i dont see where he is wrong either and i dont know about your AIM never working again and all that stuff.... it think u pulled that out of ur butt...not to be mean or anything thats just kinda farfetched
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"