AIM Patcher 1.0 ( Now you can change colors easily )

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

SNiiP3R wrote:Yeah :) less work for us eh.. Anyways I've updated the program it now supports all the builds , including 4.8 2790. One thing though , I could not find the Offset to buddylist bg color. Aim 4.8 has way too much FF FF FF's :evil: So if anyone knows it , please let me know , I will update it.
Thank you for the 4.8 support!! :D

A question though. Is there a way to make the changes work instantly upon clicking the Apply button? Similar to the way AIM+ works??

That way I don't have to keep exiting AIM and opening back up every time I make a change. It's just too tedious.
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

Nope you can't do that. :-?
Socket Scientist
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

SNiiP3R wrote:Nope you can't do that. :-?
Why not ?? For us who are less programming inclined. Explain what prevents you from implementing something of that nature.

Or is it you don't know how to ??
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

It needs 5.1 support... I don't care what version extension you use of 5.1 though as I can easily get whatever it is you decide to support.

And I don't think that VB can interact with other programs. Didn't Jedi have a problem like that with something he wanted to do?
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

x Wasted Mind x wrote:
Why not ?? For us who are less programming inclined. Explain what prevents you from implementing something of that nature.

You Cant Edit A File While it is in use... Like When You are logged into AIM, Try to move your Aimres.dll, it wont work because it is being used...
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Walker wrote:
x Wasted Mind x wrote:

You Cant Edit A File While it is in use... Like When You are logged into AIM, Try to move your Aimres.dll, it wont work because it is being used...
well then how the hell does AIM+ work ?! The changes in the Prefs are made instantly upon clicking the checkboxes! It obviously does something to the files.. it's changing something. Explain that one!
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

it prolly does something special

when u change the prefs, its editing its own program, not another. so it must b easier

i think its harder/impossible to edit another programs files that are in use
the_few_the_many369

Post by the_few_the_many369 »

how come when i try to download ur program with DAP it says i need some authentication required, and u have to put in a user name and password???????
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

the_few_the_many369 wrote:how come when i try to download ur program with DAP it says i need some authentication required, and u have to put in a user name and password???????
It's not even a 500 KB file. Don't use DAP. It'll take like 3 seconds without using DAP. :roll:
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

Robpol86 wrote:i think its harder/impossible to edit another programs files that are in use
That Is Correct...

AND Could You Program Some Skinned AimRes.dll s into the program files, and have it optional to install them, so some people can save hard drive space. Some Good AIM Skins are Here. Just An Idea...
XIII
Addict
Addict

Post by XIII »

the only things that work on it for me are the highlight color, noads, hover color, and aim bg color.. how come the other things dont get colored?

Edit: Nevermind, its working now.
Last edited by XIII on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anarchy and Peace - Learn and Teach.
Kill the panda!
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

What Other things? One Of The Dosen't Work For Me Either... I Think it is Buddy List, but the Buddy List Backround Works
SNiiP3R
Addict
Addict

Post by SNiiP3R »

To x Wasted Mind x:

Walker was right , you cant / delete / edit / files while they are in use.

I'm not sure how big-O guys did it. Perhaps they could tell us how ?! :?:
Socket Scientist
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

prolly cuz their program (and like all others) can handle options applied without restarting the program. this is prolly how it worx:
when you apply changes, the program changes itself (like it does wat its told) and changes the contents of a file/registry for future reference (next time the program loads).
it doesnt just save to a file and the program reads from it every second. the program alters the way it worx according to the user and saves the changes in the registry/file so that it can "remember" them

but i never coded a program before and i hve no idea how it worx, this is just how i THINK it worx. i might have been redundant there or unclear, but the hell w/ it. its 3 am and im sleepy
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I beleive so, it's like the same way, with normal AIM. In Prefs It Can edit its own settings.
Walker wrote:AND Could You Program Some Skinned AimRes.dll s into the program files, and have it optional to install them, so some people can save hard drive space. Some Good AIM Skins are Here. Just An Idea...
:roll: