AIM Server

Tricks, Hacks, Tools, other Add-ons, etc.

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark

Anthony

AIM Server

Post by Anthony »

Okay.. The AIM servers f***ing are worthless pieces of s***....

First it won't let me in the Big O Chat room... Now it lets me in any other but I DON'T want in any other.... - Confirmed problem for at least 6 out of 6 other people (fixed)

The server knocks me off line... Who even knows why? Not me... (thought it was fixed but IT'S NOT!!)

back on...

The server decides to pull another stunt and punt me...

Grrr... I'm talking to someone, and what does the server do? Punts me... again... This time I can't get back on for 30 mins...

Get back on... But no buddy list, and i can't seem to see any one online... Great... Fine... WHATEVER!

Now it won't even let me online... At least before I could see the buddy window...

Let me back on but the formating on my screen name is all lower case... When I try to fix it... You guessed it....

I ask ojm (a jdennis guy (since he is the only person i know alive at 7am in the morning (11 UK))... same problems.... sigh...

I start to put up a away message to call AIM a lame piece of trash, but apparently it knew what I was doing because it decided to punt me again...

Granted the last time the AIM servers went down was a while ago, but the primary server is backed by a darn secondary server that is not used unless the first goes down... And their not even in the same location... It that's what would make sence seeing as AOL has lots of locations and money they pretend to not have.... Do you ever see their DNS servers fail...

Looking at online times.... 3 of 3 people i checked seemed to have gone offline and came back (you know those 24/7 people that have days at a time online)... I think AOL needs to be hit in the head.

It's free? Well don't promote the stupid service as much as you do... You know those ads that they put on TV with the "running man" say AIM all over it even if their target sale is only the AOL service....

To top it all off.... AOL does not seem to have ANY server status sites even for their ISP servers... I'm sorry but that's insane... And Time Warner/AOL DOES use server status pages... At least for their Road Runner service...

Sorry for the rant, but I just thought I would let you all with trouble know your not alone by far... And I expect AIM to be up... After all... I have to see their ads... Oh never mind :cheesy: .
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

Oh course its working now that I complain... BUT...

At least one person is now off that was on (and asleep)
At least three people lost their connection and possibly 4

Of course the AOL bots have been on for 13 days straight now...
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Walker
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Walker »

I Have Seen No problems of the Kind. Maybe AOL Dosen't like you. :cheesy:
Matt

Post by Matt »

Well, considering I was one of the people that lost his internet connection......I am kinda pissed. Also, all day yesterday at random times the Big O Chat kicked me out for no reason.....

At one point no one could go in it for the longest time......
-Matt
Timelessblur wrote:I only know 4 langueges. Engish, Band Engish, Really bad Engish and Timelessblurain
fuuucckkers

Post by fuuucckkers »

Sounds strange.. I never had any problems. And we're both in Florida KoolTab! :)
Timelessblur
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Timelessblur »

I had those problem resently where it keep booting me off line. OH and JUST ME my friends where not getting boot at all so it was driving me nuts. I would sign in for like 5 mins and boot I off. Do it again 5 min later I am off. I was going insane
http://www.myimgs.com/data/timelessblur ... omulan.jpg
Yeah I know I got pulled in but its a nice way to kill time
my link for kings of Choas
DanMan2003

Post by DanMan2003 »

I also had that problem, it was VERY annoying!!
[]DaT_MaNN03
Veteran
Veteran

Post by []DaT_MaNN03 »

the only problem i had was last night at sometime im not sure when b/c i was sleeping bit i got an error that said they lost my buddy icon or something and a bunch of other stuff and it kicked me offline n a bunch of other stuff
Hi! I'm a signature virus! copy me into your signature file to help me spread!

"NeVer Argue with an Idiot they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!"
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

I also get disconnected cuz of my sh*tty Cable. Damn you Comcast!!!

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Axilla is the gayest person on this board.
Chinchilla!
Addict
Addict

Post by Chinchilla! »

I'll second that, Comcast blows and yes I was kicked offline many times last night as well, but I think it was Comcast not AOL.
Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

i was off last night cuz my isp decided to continue its scheduel of being gay... i resorted to 56k for a while but then i fell asleep
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

I have a solution that make you stay on 24/7. Do this. I dunno if its possible, I havent tried yet. If you have 56k and Cable. do this. Sign on AOL and stay on. So if you get disconnected by Cable, your still on AOL. Vice Versa. Does this work?

Everyone on the Big-O Software board are fucking dumbasses except MikeZed because he actually knows common sense.

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

it will tie up the phone line, but other than that it should work, but ur online couter will b reset
MikeZed
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MikeZed »

What if you have 2 phone lines?

Robpol86
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Robpol86 »

then theres no prob