Schwippy

Whatever (keep it TV-14).

Moderators: Big-O Ryan, Big-O Mark, Matt, Anthony

Anthony

Schwippy

Post by Anthony »

Okay... www.schwippy.com (and any subdomains) are NOT going to schwippy... They are going to some rogue IP right now (which isn't owned by Brian's ISP which rules out what I hoped to be a evil pratical joke).

Why am I posting? IDK... Mostly because Brian of course is not on AIM (ever) when something happens to his site... At least here I know he will end up seeing it (I can't very well email webmaster@schwippy.com ...).
PhaseDMA - Check it out
My AIM+ FAQ
Plasma2002b
Extreme Groupie
Extreme Groupie

Post by Plasma2002b »

I apprecieate the concern.... but what your noticing is in fact normal.

About 90% of the time that schwippy is down, its because i got offline somehow. Either i got booted, or my computer got shutdown, etc....

The 'rouge IP' that your getting directed to is actually the IP that my computer was using before it got offline. The only reason you notive it when im offline is because it cant find it and it just keeps looking for it.... (eventually showing a cannot find server error page)

When my computer gets back online, i get assigned a new ip from my dsl and i use a server that searches out that new ip and updates the schwippy domain for it.

But until the domain is updated with the new IP, everybody will continue to be direted to the previous IP i was using before i got kicked offline.

------------
EDIT:

actually, now that i think about it.... the rouge ip your noticing is actually probably one of the ip's for the service i use that updates my domain.(No-Ip.org) Thats probably why, like you said, the ip isnt owned by my isp

its teh infamous life of brian gaut to teh max0r!